Service: Meals on Wheels
|Located In Community||Amherstburg|
|Address||179 Victoria St S|
Amherstburg, ON N9V 3N5
View Google Map
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Entrance|
|Intersection||Victoria St S and Richmond St|
|Mailing Address||179 Victoria St S |
Amherstburg, ON N9V 3N5
|Primary Contact||Branka Stewin, Program Coordinator; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Kathy DiBartolomeo, Executive Director; Email: email@example.com|
|Description & Services|
|Description||* Home delivery food program for older adults living independently in their own homes with no one to cook for them or persons of any age recovering from illness or surgery |
* dinners prepared daily from a dietetic menu
* delivered around 12 noon by community volunteers
* clients can choose to have meals delivered 3 or 5 days a week
* frozen dinners can be provided for Saturday and Sunday * telephone orders
How it Works
* The program provides a meal delivered to your door around the noon hour with a choice of up to five times a week.
*If you need a meal on Saturday, Sunday or holiday, we can deliver 2 frozen meals along with your Friday meal.
* The frequency of receiving meals is your choice, but must be specified when you register.
* Should you have any dietary restrictions, these are recorded at the time you register. * Meals generally consist of soup, a hot main dish, bread and butter, and a dessert.
* The meals are cooked salt free and everything is baked or broiled rather than fried.
Harrow and McGregor Meal Deliveries: Mon, Wed and Fri between 11:30 am-1 pm
|Hours||Meal deliveries Mon-Fri 11:30 am-1 pm |
Office Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm
|Areas Served||Amherstburg ; Harrow ; LaSalle ; McGregor|
|Boundaries||Amherstburg, Harrow, LaSalle, and McGregor. |
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up |
Home-bound persons with disabilities unable to prepare meals for themselves
|Application||* Application process required |
* Referrals from, CCAC, Victorian Order of Nurses (VON)
* Referral required from self, family or friends
|Fees||Service - $5 per meal|
|Languages||English ; French - By Translator|
|Funding||Provincial - Ministry of Health and Long Term Care ; Donations ; Fees - Service|
|Alternate Name||ACS MOW ; MOW ; Senior Brochure|
|Former Name||Amherstburg, Anderdon and Malden Social Planning Council|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit|