Day and evening program offering meaningful work and social opportunities for people living with the effects of an acquired brain injury
Individuals can learn or regain skills necessary to live a productive and empowered life
Additional Service Details
• Transportation – Cornerstone Clubhouse is on a well serviced bus route however, staff can help arrange transportation if needed.
• Nutrition – Coffee is available in the morning for a small fee. A nutritious meal is prepared each day at noon, and can be purchased for $3.00. Cookies, fruit and granola bars are available during the day, starting at $0.15 cents apiece. We will accommodate special dietary needs (i.e. diabetic, minced, personal preferences when necessary).
• Mobility Assistance – Cornerstone Clubhouse is fully accessible.
• Incontinence – clients are responsible for taking care of their own personal needs.
• Medication Management & Medical Care – It is anticipated that clients will administer their own medication. Staff are available to answer questions and assist in emergency situations.
• Overnight Respite – this is not offered at Cornerstone Clubhouse.
• Expanded Hours – Cornerstone Clubhouse is open four nights a week, every other Saturday and on statutory holidays. Activities held during this time may include: hootenanny, music lessons, art lessons, pool nights, bingo, local theatre and games nights.
• Wandering/Exit Seeking – Clients at Cornerstone Clubhouse attend by their own choice. They are asked to sign in when they arrive and out when they leave.
• Specialization – Cornerstone Clubhouse is a day and evening program that adopts a model of community support for adults living with the effects of an acquired brain injury. Cornerstone follows a work-ordered day, split into 2 units - Business/Education and Culinary/Employment. These units operate Monday to Friday between 8:00am and 3:00pm. Clients and staff work side by side in these units to operate the Clubhouse, incorporating the following important factors:
o Focusing on strengths, talents, goals and abilities
o Working in units to fulfill the day to day operational needs of Cornerstone
o Developing skills with the opportunity for clients to teach and assist each other
o Building self-esteem
o Supporting educational and employment opportunities
A wellness program is offered through Cornerstone Clubhouse. Some of the wellness activities include: bi-weekly YMCA visits, meditation, yoga, tai chi, Qi Gong, walking groups, golf, curling and educational sessions on nutrition * Clients also support each other with daily living activities such as grocery shopping, financial planning and housekeeping.
• Other Limits of Care – Clients are to be reasonably free of medical or behavioural challenges that could cause a threat to others, or interfere with participation in the clubhouse. They are also expected to abstain from alcohol consumption before or during any activity sponsored by Cornerstone Clubhouse.
• Cost for ADP Program – Individuals with government funding attend at no cost to them.
1-4 hours - $80/day
4-8 hours - $150/day
Cornerstone Short Documentary