Family Court Support Worker Program; FCSWP, Partner Assault Response
|Address & Phone(s)|
1086 Modeland Rd, 2nd Floor
Sarnia, ON N7S 6L2
View Google Map
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible - automatic doors, ramp, parking, washrooms|
|Intersection||Wellington St and Modeland Rd|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-831-3031|
|Description & Services|
|Description||Family, Couple and Individual Counselling - can empower many couples or individuals to make important changes and feel good about their success. Programs include: |
- Commitment to Change (Partner Assault Response Program) is a 16 week specialized counselling/educational therapy group for men who have abused their partners, agency staff also provide partners of participants with safety planning and referrals to community resources;
- Bridge the Gap - provides immediate counselling to male and female assault victims up to the age of 18 and their famillies;
- Employee/Member Assistance Programs (EAP/MAP) is available on a purchase of service basis for companies or unions that wish to assist their employees/members obtain assistance in dealing with personal, family, financial or work-related problems;
- Sexual Assault Outreach is a county outreach service offering counselling to women 50 years and older who have experienced sexual assault at some time in their lives;
- Violence against Women is a program that provides counselling services to women who have been or are currently in abusive relationships;
- Trauma Debriefing provides a safe, supportive group environment for up to ten individuals to process their feelings and reactions to what, why and how a trauma occurred, i.e. car accident, fire, workplace accident, robbery or sudden death.
- Community Support Services offers a variety of programs to assist individuals with developmental handicaps and their family; including assistance to live independently in the community;
- Kids on the Block delivers important messages to school children through the use of large puppets; topics include: disabilities, drug awareness, obesity, head injuries, sexual abuse prevention;
- Distress Line provides a confidential 24/7 telephone contact and support to people in Lambton County who are experiencing distress.
Tel-Check: provides a daily telephone call to seniors and persons with disabilities who live alone. It offers emotional support and helps to ensure the individual's safety. Calls are made 365 days a year. There is no fee for this service.
Family Court Support Worker Program -- information on the family court process * assistance in documenting the history of abuse for family court proceedings * referral to specialized services and supports in the community * safety planning * court accompaniment to proceedings when appropriate
|Hours||9 - 5 Mon., Tues. & Fri. |
9 - 8 Wed., & Thurs.
Distress Line 24/7
|Eligibility||Family Court Support Worker Program -- victims of domestic violence involved in the family court process|
|Application||Contact the office to obtain information or schedule an appointment|
|Primary Executive||Don Pitt, Executive Director, 519-336-0120 x224|
|Subjects||Assault ; Assaulted men ; Counselling ; Developmental disabilities ; Family life education ; Family therapy ; Seniors ; Sexual assault|