Veterans Affairs Canada, War Veterans Allowance Program/Civilian War Allowance Program
|Located In Community||Windsor Central|
|Address||400 City Hall Sq E, Ste 103|
Windsor, ON N9A 7K6
View Google Map
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible - Parking, Ramp, Automatic entrance, Washroom, Braille keypad in elevator|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1C|
|Intersection||University Ave W and Bruce Ave|
|Toll Free Phone||National Call Centre |
Collect calls within Canada: 1-705-568-4000
Outside Canada: 1-888-996-2242
|Primary Contact||Jacinda Gedney, Client Service Team Manager|
|Description & Services|
|Description||Allowances are paid to qualified individuals who meet service eligibility and residency requirements. |
* These individuals, because of age or incapacity, must be unable to fully support themselves.
* They must have insufficient income for maintenance, as determined by an income test.
* The allowance is payable to veterans of Canadian, Commonwealth and Allied Forces.
* An allowance is also payable to specific civilians who served in close support of the Canadian Armed Forces during wartime.
* In addition, widows, widowers and orphans of these veterans or civilians may qualify.
|Hours||Mon-Fri: 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Chatham-Kent ; Elgin County ; Essex County ; Lambton County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||* Veterans their widows, widowers and orphans |
* Civilians who served in close support of the Canadian Armed Forces during WWII, their widows, widowers and orphans
|Application||Application process required; |
Referral needed through social service agencies, government services, self or family member
|Languages||English ; French|
|Print Material||Brochures available upon request|
|Funding||Federal - Veterans Affairs Canada|
|Alternate Name||CWA ; Veterans Affairs ; WVA|
|Service Level||(40) Federal Government|