Service: Meals on Wheels and Meals for Moms
|Record #: AMH0044||Last Modified: 13 Jul 2016||Last Full Update: 30 Jun 2016|
|Primary Contact||Branka Stewin, Program Coordinator; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* Home delivery food program for older adults living independently in their own homes with no one to cook for them or persons of any age recovering from illness or surgery
* Meals for mothers to be and new mothers delivered to their door.
* Dinners prepared daily from a dietetic menu
* Clients can choose to have meals delivered from 1 to 5 days a week depending on area.
* Frozen dinners can be provided for Saturday and Sunday
How it Works
* The program provides a meal delivered to your door around the noon hour with a choice of up to five times a week.
* If you need a meal on Saturday, Sunday or holiday, we can deliver 2 frozen meals along with your Friday meal.
* The frequency of receiving meals is your choice, but must be specified when you register.
* Should you have any dietary restrictions, these are recorded at the time you register.
* Meals generally consist of soup, a hot main dish, bread and butter, and a dessert.
* The meals are cooked salt free and everything is baked or broiled rather than fried.
|Hours||Meal deliveries: Mon-Fri, 11:30 am-1 pm
Harrow and McGregor Meal Deliveries: Mon, Wed, Fri, 11:30 am-1 pm
Office: Mon-Thu, 9 am-5 pm * Fri, 9 am- 4 pm
|Areas Served||Amherstburg ; Essex ; LaSalle ; McGregor|
|Boundaries||Amherstburg, Harrow, LaSalle, and McGregor.|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
* Home-bound persons with disabilities unable to prepare meals for themselves
* Expectant mother and new mothers
|Application||* Application process required
* Referrals from, CCAC, Victorian Order of Nurses (VON)
* Referral required from self, family or friends
|Languages||English ; French - By Translator|
|Fees||Service - $6 per meal|
|Primary Executive||Kathy DiBartolomeo, Executive Director; Email: email@example.com|
|Funding||Provincial - Ministry of Health and Long Term Care ; Donations ; Fees - Service|
|Located In Community||Amherstburg|
|Address & Map||
179 Victoria St S
Amherstburg, ON N9V 3N5
View Google Map
|Intersection||Victoria St S and Richmond St|
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|