Colchester South and Harrow Agriculture Society
Site: Harrow - McAffee St
|Record #: AMH0113||Last Modified: 13 Sep 2017||Last Full Update: 15 Aug 2017|
For hall rental inquiries please contact Brenda Anger 519-733-2883
|Primary Contact||Penny Anger, Secretary, Harrow Fair|
|Alternate Contact||Brenda Anger, President; Phone: (Residence) 519-738-3262|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* The Colchester South and Harrow Agricultural Society are the organizers of the "Harrow Fair" for over 160 years.
* We gather on the Labour Day weekend to celebrate our agricultural roots in Essex County.
* The goal is to promote Agricultural awareness at our community fall fair.
* The Harrow Fair exhibits a grand display of Culinary Arts, Needle Arts, Grains & Seeds, Roots & Vegetables, Flowers, Photography and Livestock animals in show.
* The Essex County 4-H Association club achievement days are hosted throughout the weekend.
* Our board of directors is made up of 21 elected volunteers.
* Our home craft board is made up of volunteer directors and associates who oversee the culinary arts, needle arts exhibits. (canning, handwork, crafts) T
* This community event is made possible because of the countless number of volunteers who enjoy and support the efforts of our directors.
* Come join us in celebrating this wonderful family event.
|Hours||Annual Labour Day Weekend Fall Fair: Thu- Sat, 5 pm-11 pm * Ends Sun at 5 pm
Building closes each evening at 10 pm, rides close at approximately 11 pm
* Exhibits are received Wed: 10 am-9 pm
* Exhibits may not be removed until Sun at 5 pm ONLY
|Dates||Always Labour Day Weekend: Thu-Sun 5 pm|
|Meetings||2nd Tue of each month (subject to change * call ahead)|
|Areas Served||Essex County - Anyone from anywhere are welcome|
|Eligibility||* Interest in agriculturally-geared activities
* Children 12 & under free.
|Application||view website harrowfair.com for commerical space information|
|Fees||Membership - $8 ; Admission - $8/day or $20 weekend pass; children 12 and under are free (subject to change)|
|Primary Executive||Luke Korcok, 1st Vice-President; Phone: (Residence) 519-738-3262|
|Alternate Executive||Ed Gibbs, 2nd Vice-President|
|Site Location||134 McAffee St, South of County Rd 20 (King St)|
|Located In Community||Essex|
|Address & Map||
Harrow Fair Board Office
134 McAffee St
Harrow, ON N0R 1G0
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||McAffee St and Wellington St|
|Mailing Address||c/o Colchester South & Harrow Agricultural Society
PO Box 555
Harrow, ON N0R 1G0
|Physical Access||Not Applicable|
|Print Material||Harrow Fair Prize list available annually to members or online|