|Record #: BLR0012||Last Modified: 29 Oct 2015||Last Full Update: 17 Jun 2011|
|Toll Free Phone||1-888-310-1122 (24 hours)|
|Text Phone||9-1-1 (please see note in description about registering for this service)|
|Primary Contact||John Collins Sergeant, Contract Manager, O.P.P.|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Ontario Provincial Police OPP
* will perform child car seat inspections for Lakeshore only
Text with 9-1-1 Service
The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is now pleased to offer Text with 9-1-1 (T9-1-1) service to persons who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired.
What is T9-1-1?
T9-1-1 is a new service that enables individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired (DHHSI) to communicate with 9-1-1 operators via text message (SMS) during an emergency.
How does T9-1-1 work?
* Register your cell phone for T9-1-1 with your wireless carrier. A list of carriers is available at http://textwith911.ca/wirelessservice-providers
* In an emergency, dial 9-1-1 as if making a voice call. Do not send a text message directly.
* Communicate with the 9-1-1 operator via text message and provide all relevant information, including your name, location and the emergency assistance required.
Will T9-1-1 work everywhere in Ontario?
* T9-1-1 service is only offered by some emergency services in Ontario, but the list is expected to grow. Visit http://textwith911.ca/service-availability to find out if T9-1-1 is available in your area.
Where can I find more information?
A range of useful information is available online at http://textwith911.ca
Find an OPP Detachment in Essex County, Click Here
|Hours||Office Mon-Fri 8 am-4 pm
Emergency: 24 hours
|Areas Served||Belle River (Town of) ; Lakeshore|
|Eligibility||* child car seat inspections for Lakeshore only|
|Application||* Walk in/Call for information|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Located In Community||Belle River (Town of)|
|Address & Map||
775 Notre Dame St
Belle River, ON N0R 1A0