Site: Chatham - King St
Service: Adult Education, Newcomer Settlement Services
|Record #: CHK0041||Last Modified: 10 Apr 2017||Last Full Update: 06 Apr 2017|
|Primary Contact||Tracy Callaghan, Executive Director; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Through Adult Language and Learning, adults in Chatham-Kent can reach their personal learning and settlement goals in a supportive environment. Each client is interviewed. The client, with our support, sets individual goals, and is either referred to an appropriate agency or is placed into one of our programs.
* Literacy Basic and Essential Skills Training
* Preparation for the Prior Learning Assessment (Pre-PLAR) and General Educational Development(GED)
* Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC)
* English as a Second Language (ESL)
* Citizenship classes as needed
* Immigrant Settlement Services (formerly Immigrant Settlement and Adaptation Program) * includes needs and eligibility assessments, pre- and post-arrival information and referral, job search and employment counselling, assistance to establish social and professional networks to promote community engagement, and assistance to access a range of settlement services
* Immigrant Employment Preparation / Pre Employment Program
* Diversity /Intercultural Competancy Training
* Newcomer Resource Centre
* Other language classes as needed
A computer lab with literacy and numeracy programs is available on site.
On-site childcare available
* Itinerant Sites
Immigrant Settlement Services throughout Chatham-Kent are available by request.
We will gladly meet with you in Blenheim, Ridgetown, Wallaceburg, Highgate, Tilbury, Wheatley and the many other communities in Chatham-Kent upon request.
Please contact us at 519-354-7424 to arrange an appointment.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Dates||Year round services. Classes do not run in July and August|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
May require literacy assessment, needs assessment, or immigration documentation to establish services at no cost VS fee
All programs are available for a fee for those not eligible for funded services.
|Application||By phone; Walk-in; appointment sometimes required; Application process required|
|Languages||English ; French ; Arabic ; Chinese ; German - Low German ; Korean ; Spanish|
|Fees||Service - for some ESL and LINC depending on eligibility ; None ; Adult Language and Learning services are available at no cost for those eligible. All programs are available for a fee for those not eligible for government funded services.|
|Funding||Provincial - Employment Ontario, Ministry of Advanced Educaiton and Skills Development ; Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration (MCI) ; Federal - (CIC) Government of Canada through the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) ; Donations|
|Site Location||Chatham - King St|
|Located In Community||Chatham|
|Address & Map||
240 King St W
Chatham, ON N7M 1E7
View Google Map
|Intersection||King St W and Third St|
|Physical Access||Partially Accessible|