Site: Chatham - Memory Lane
|Primary Contact||Mary Ellen Parker, Executive Director; Phone: 519-352-1043; Fax: 519-352-3680; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Tara Seney, Public Education Manager; Phone: 519-352-1043; Fax: 519-352-3680; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Marie Humphrey, Admin/Finance/Volunteer Coordinator; Phone: (Business) 519-352-1043; Fax: 519-352-3680; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Service/Program Description||Alzheimer Society of Chatham-Kent Services provides: |
* First Link- involves working together to link individuals and families affected by Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia to a community of learning, services and support.
* Counselling- for those affected by Alzheimer's disease or related dementias.
* Cognitive Testing
* Support Groups- to share experiences and learn new coping strategies.
* Day Programs- provide a safe and stimulating environment for those affected by Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.
* In-Home Respite Care Program- which helps individuals with Alzheimer's disease or related dementias.
* Education Programs- designed to raise public awareness regarding Alzheimer's disease or related dementias and to asssist those involved in caregiving.
* Medic-Alert Safely Home Program- to help locate individuals who are lost and return them home safely.
* In-Home Mobility Monitor- offers a safe alternative to monitoring individuals with Alzheimer's disease or related dementias in the home.
Services include: Day Programs, In-Home Respite Care Program, Counselling, Support Groups, Cognitive Testing, Safely Home Program (Wandering Registry Program), Mobility Monitors, Resource Library, & Educational Presentations.
Chatham Day Program Hours:
36 Memory Lane
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Wallaceburg Day Program Hours:
212 Elizabeth Street
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Caregiver Support Group(s)
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Dates||Sep, Coffee Break; Jan, Walk for Memories|
|Meetings||Monthly board meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month.(except Jul & Aug); Annual General Meeting is held in September.|
|Eligibility||Diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease or related dementias.|
|Application||Call direct for program information.|
|Languages||English ; French ; Italian|
|Fees||Membership ; Program ; Service - Set fees for respite program, day away program ; Set fees for Day Program, In-Home Respite Care Program, Safely Home Program, & Membership.|
|Agency Description||To improve the quality of life of people affected by Alzheimer's disease or related dementias through superior programs and research.|
|Established||1st established in 1983; Chapter established in 1986|
|Alternate Executive||Joyce Vidler, President|
|Funding||Provincial - LHIN- Ministry of Health ; Fundraising ; Donations ; Fees - Membership|
|Located In Community||Chatham|
|Address & Map|
36 Memory Lane
Chatham, ON N7L 5M8
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Memory Lane and Grand Ave E|
|Mailing Address||36 Memory Lane |
Chatham, ON N7L 5M8
|Service Categories||Caregiver/Care Receiver Support Groups ~ Families/Friends of People with Alzheimer's Disease ; Dementia Evaluation ; Disease/Disability Information ~ Alzheimer's Disease ; Locator Aids ~ Alzheimer's Disease ; Respite Care ~ Alzheimer's Disease ; Special Libraries ~ Alzheimer's Disease ; Subject Specific Public Awareness/Education ~ Alzheimer's Disease|