|Record #: CHK0049||Last Modified: 23 Aug 2018||Last Full Update: 17 May 2018|
|Primary Contact||Mary Ellen Parker, CEO; Phone: 519-352-1043; Fax: 519-352-3680; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Tara Seney, Public Education Manager/First Link®; Phone: 519-352-1043; Fax: 519-352-3680; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Crystal Dama, Admin/Events/Volunteer Coordinator; Phone: (Business) 519-352-1043; Fax: 519-352-3680; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Services provided:
* First Link- involves working together to link individuals and families affected by Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia to a community of learning, services and support.
* Counselling- for those affected by Alzheimer's disease or related dementias.
* Cognitive Testing
* Support Groups- to share experiences and learn new coping strategies.
* Day Programs- provide a safe and stimulating environment for those affected by Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.
* In-Home Respite Care Program- which helps individuals with Alzheimer's disease or related dementias.
* Education Programs- designed to raise public awareness regarding Alzheimer's disease or related dementias and to asssist those involved in caregiving.
* Medic-Alert Safely Home Program- to help locate individuals who are lost and return them home safely.
* In-Home Mobility Monitor- offers a safe alternative to monitoring individuals with Alzheimer's disease or related dementias in the home.
Services include: Day Programs, In-Home Respite Care Program, Counselling, Support Groups, Cognitive Testing, Safely Home Program (Wandering Registry Program), Mobility Monitors, Resource Library, & Educational Presentations.
Chatham Day Program Hours:
36 Memory Lane
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Wallaceburg Day Program Hours:
212 Elizabeth Street
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Caregiver Support Group(s)
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Dates||Sep, Coffee Break; Jan, Walk for Memories|
|Meetings||Monthly board meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month.(except Jul & Aug); Annual General Meeting is held in September.|
|Eligibility||Diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease or related dementias.|
|Application||Call direct for program information.|
|Languages||English ; French ; Italian|
|Fees||Membership ; Program ; Service - Set fees for respite program, day away program ; Set fees for Day Program, In-Home Respite Care Program, Safely Home Program, & Membership.|
|Description (Agency)||To improve the quality of life of people affected by Alzheimer's disease or related dementias through superior programs and research.|
|Established||1st established in 1983; Chapter established in 1986|
|Primary Executive||Mary Ellen Parker, CEO|
|Alternate Executive||Joyce Vidler, President - Board of Directors|
|Funding||Provincial - LHIN- Ministry of Health ; Fundraising ; Donations ; Fees - Membership|
|Located In Community||Chatham|
|Address & Map||
Alzheimer Society of Chatham-Kent
36 Memory Lane
Chatham, ON N7L 5M8
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Memory Lane and Grand Ave E|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|