Site: Chatham - Maple Leaf Dr
|Record #: CHK0077||Last Modified: 02 Jan 2019||Last Full Update: 02 Jan 2019|
|Primary Contact||Bob Rawlinson, Executive Director, New Beginnings, ABI & Stroke Recovery Association; Phone: 519-351-0297; Fax: 519-351-7600; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Liz Vouk; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Dylan Turato; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* Provides a social/recreational program for survivors of acquired brain injury and stroke
* New Beginnings provides free day programs for adult survivors of acquired brain injury and stroke, and for their families/caregivers.
* The mission of Club programming is to help survivors discover their new post-injury selves in a comfortable, non-judgmental and enjoyable social environment.
* We also provide community integration for survivors and respite and support groups for caregivers and family members.
* Daily activities are available and include arts & crafts and group and individual exercise programs, along with leisure activities such as billiards, Nintendo Wii games, woodworking, a baking club, etc.) as well as planned field trip outings and support groups.
* Membership in the Club is free of charge and does not require a referral from a medical professional.
|Hours||Office Hours: Mon-Fri: 8:30 am-4 pm
Club program: 9 am-3:30 pm
|Areas Served||Chatham-Kent ; Sarnia|
|Eligibility||Ages: 16 year(s) and up
Association membership is open to public; Club members must be 16 yrs and older and have an acquired brain injury or be a stroke survivor
|Application||Call, email or stop by for information|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Primary Executive||Tom McCord, Board Chair|
|Funding||Provincial - Erie St. Clair Local Health Integration Network ; Fundraising ; Donations ; United Way|
|Site Location||Chatham - Maple Leaf Dr|
|Located In Community||Chatham|
|Address & Map||
9 Maple Leaf Dr
Chatham, ON N7M 6H2
View Google Map
|Intersection||Maple Leaf Dr and Park Ave. East|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|
|Print Material||Pamphlets available; New Beginnings newsletter can be sent by mail or electronically. Contact www.newbeginnings-cksl.com to be added to the mailing list|