Site: Chatham - Memory Lane
Service: Day Programs- Chatham & Wallaceburg
|Record #: CHK0107||Last Modified: 23 Aug 2018||Last Full Update: 19 Jun 2017|
|Primary Contact||Jana Murphy, Day Programs Manager; Phone: (Business) 519-352-1043; Fax: 519-352-3680; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Mary Ellen Parker, CEO, Alzheimer Society of Chatham-Kent; Phone: (Business) 519-352-1043; Fax: 519-352-3680; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Day Programs:
The Day Programs, offered in Chatham and Wallaceburg are designed to provide a stimulating social environment for persons who are affected by Alzheimer's disease or related dementias. These programs provide respite for the caregiver.
The Day Program features include:
* A safe secure facility to minimize the risk involved when a client wander
* An open concept floor plan, similar to a home setting
* A wheelchair accessible environment
* Social activities which are planned to support clients' individual needs, including art and music therapy, outings and special events
* A nutritious lunch, as well as snacks to meet dietary needs
* An activity calendar distributed monthly
* VON Nursing Care Services which include: health monitoring, foot care/nail care, follow up with specific health concerns, etc.
* VON "SMART" exercise and falls prevention program
* Fee for service
* Behavioural Supports Ontario (BSO)- The Alzheimer Society of Chatham-Kent
serves as the Lead Organization for the Erie St. Clair (ESC) Local Health
Integration Network (LHIN) Behavioural Supports Ontario (BSO) Initiative.
This program provides enhanced and integrated services meeting the needs of
older adults with responsive behaviours. These behaviours are associated
with dementia, mental health, addictions and other neurological conditions
and includes those in the community and Long-Term Care Homes. This
initiative facilitates seamless, interdisciplinary care for individuals with
responsive behaviours and their caregivers consistent with the client value
statement “I am a unique individual and I am worthy of respect, dignity and
|Sup. Description||Objectives of Programs & Services:
* To provide the opportunity for meaningful interactions for persons with Alzheimer's disease or related dementias.
* To improve the quality of life for persons with Alzheimer's disease or related dementias.
* To help maintain a person with Alzheimer's disease or related dementias in their own home for as long as possible.
* To alleviate caregiver stress and to provide the caregiver with personal time.
* To provide a safe monitoring system for those with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias living alone.
* To help prevent elder abuse.
* To promote awareness of Alzheimer's disease or related dementia and decrease social stigma.
|Hours||Chatham Hours: 36 Memory Lane:
Mon - Fri 9:30 am - 3 pm
Wallaceburg Hours: 212 Elizabeth St
Tue - Thu 9:30 - 3 pm
|Meetings||initial assessment upon referral to ensure eligibility for program.|
|Eligibility||Adult/ Senior; Individual suffering from Alzheimer disease or related dementia|
|Application||Contact Local Health Integration Network, Home and Community Care Program for referral to program; Self- referral, Dr. referral; Home visit/assessment by Local Health Integration Network, Home and Community Care Program; site visit; application process; trial period of 4 weeks to ensure suitability to program; No waiting list|
|Languages||English ; French ; Italian|
|Fees||Service ; Clients billed monthly fee - for the provided service.|
|Primary Executive||Tara Seney, Public Education Manager/First Link; Email: email@example.com|
|Funding||Provincial - LHIN; ; Fundraising ; Donations ; Fees - for service|
|Located In Community||Chatham|
|Address & Map||
212 Elizabeth St
Wallaceburg, ON N8A 3B3
View Google Map
|Intersection||Elizabeth St and Lafontaine|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Accessible Entrance; Accessible Washrooms; Designated Parking; ramp|
|Print Material||Monthly activity calendar; Agency newsletter (quarterly); educational pamphlets/brochures available|