Service: Counselling and Support Services
|Record #: CHK0171||Last Modified: 27 Apr 2020||Last Full Update: 25 Feb 2020|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-265-0598|
|Crisis Phone||519-354-6360 or Toll free 1-800-265-0598|
|Primary Contact||Karen Hunter, Executive Director|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||COVID-19 - Both the 24 hour crisis/support line and the emergency shelter remain open. All Outreach counselling services and counselling will be done over the phone or by email only. For support counselling call 519 354-6360.
24 hour crisis lines * emergency shelter * group and individual counselling for abused women and their children
* Advocacy * transitional housing and support
* Affiliation with other organizations: Family Service Kent, Crown Attorney's Office and Police
* Family Court Support Worker Program -- information on the family court process * assistance in documenting the history of abuse for family court proceedings (documenting history of abuse, accessing Legal Aid) * referral to specialized services and supports in the community * safety planning * court accompaniment to proceedings when appropriate
* School based individual and group support provided to youth (male & female) across Chatham Kent.
|Hours||Mon-Sun 24 hours|
|Meetings||Board Meetings - Third Wed of every month
Women and children's groups are scheduled - All group participants must be registered to attend any group, call and ask to speak with an Outreach or Child and Youth Counsellor for further information.
|Eligibility||All Programs - Women and their children
Family Court Support Worker Program -- victims of domestic violence involved in the family court process
Outreach Counselling for males in domestic violence situations
|Application||Telephone and walk in, no referral required
All appointments are booked through the Sandys St address
* All Outreach sessions require an appointment and can be booked through the Women's Centre at 20 Sandys St. Chatham, ask to speak to a counsellor to book an appointment at a location near your home.
|Languages||English ; French ; Multi cultural services available via interpreters|
|Funding||Provincial - Ministry of Community and Social Services; Ministry of the Attorney General ; Fundraising ; Donations ; United Way|
|Elections||At the Annual General Meeting in June|
|Located In Community||Chatham|
|Address & Map||
20 Sandys St
Chatham, ON N7L 4Y5
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Sandys St and Grand Ave W|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible ; Designated Parking; Useable Entrance; Useable Washroom|