Big Brothers Big Sisters of Chatham Kent
Site: Chatham - Queen St
|Record #: CHK0174||Last Modified: 28 Mar 2017||Last Full Update: 21 Feb 2017|
|Primary Contact||Nan Stuckey, Executive Director, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Chatham-Kent; Phone: 519-351-1582 ext 200; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Amanda Clark, Casework Program Manager; Phone: * ext 203; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||The agency matches girls and boys in need of a friend with trained volunteers who have a sincere interest in helping them realize their full potential * Each Little Sister or Brother is assessed and matched according to her/his unique needs; each Big Sister or Brother is interviewed, trained, and then matched according to her/his preferences and abilities. Every friendship recieves ongoing support and supervision.
** Programs offered include:
• Matching program-traditional one to one match between a woman and a girl or between a man and a boy
• In-School Mentoring- caring men and women are matched with boys and girls in elementary school; the children meet their mentor once a week for an hour during the school year and on school property
• Game On! and Go Girls! programs are designed to address the phyical actvity, balanced eating and positive self-image needs of boys and girls repectively. Both are based on a group mentoring model.
• Big Bunch-monthly group activities where a child on the waiting list is provided a "Big Brother or Sister for a Day"
• Information and Referrals
**All programs are offered in English and French.
|Eligibility||Ages: 6 year(s) - 16 year(s)
Children; Youth; Adults; Big Brothers/Big Sisters must be over 18 yrs and Little Sisters/Little Brothers must be 6 to 16 yrs of age
|Application||Call for information; Fill out application for Big Sisters/Big Brothers; arrange for a home visit/assessment|
|Languages||English ; French ; Other languages available on request|
|Description (Agency)||A mentoring organization for children, youth and their families.|
|Primary Executive||Carmen Titus, Board President|
|Funding||Fundraising ; Donations ; United Way|
|Site Location||Chatham - Queen St|
|Located In Community||Chatham|
|Address & Map||
137 Queen St
Chatham, ON N7M 2G7
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Queen St and Harvey St|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible ; Designated parking; Barrier-free entrance; Accessible washrooms|
|Resources||Pamphlets; newsletter monthly|