Pelee Island (Municipality of). Municipal Services
Site: Pelee Island - West Shore Rd
|Record #: LEA9022||Last Modified: 05 Dec 2019||Last Full Update: 05 Dec 2019|
|Office Phone||Municipal Services and Non-Emergency Fire Services Inquiries: 519-724-2931|
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-889-5203|
|Text Phone||9-1-1 (please see note in description about registering for this service)|
|Primary Contact||Janice Hensel|
|Alternate Contact||Michelle Feltz, Treasurer; Phone: (Business) 519-724-2931|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* Municipal Office for Pelee Island
* Volunteer Fire Department * non-emergency Fire Services only available during Municipal hours
* Emergency Calls: 9-1-1 for ambulance, fire or OPP
Text with 9-1-1 Service
The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is now pleased to offer Text with 9-1-1 (T9-1-1) service to persons who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired.
What is T9-1-1?
T9-1-1 is a new service that enables individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired (DHHSI) to communicate with 9-1-1 operators via text message (SMS) during an emergency.
How does T9-1-1 work?
* Register your cell phone for T9-1-1 with your wireless carrier. A list of carriers is available at http://textwith911.ca/wirelessservice-providers
* In an emergency, dial 9-1-1 as if making a voice call. Do not send a text message directly.
* Communicate with the 9-1-1 operator via text message and provide all relevant information, including your name, location and the emergency assistance required.
Will T9-1-1 work everywhere in Ontario?
* T9-1-1 service is only offered by some emergency services in Ontario, but the list is expected to grow. Visit http://textwith911.ca/service-availability to find out if T9-1-1 is available in your area.
Where can I find more information?
A range of useful information is available online at http://textwith911.ca
Find an OPP Detachment in Essex County, Click Here
|Hours||Municipal Services and Non-Emergency Fire Services Inquiries: Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm
9-1-1 (Mon-Sun: 24 Hrs) EMERGENCIES ONLY
|Areas Served||Pelee Island|
|Application||Application required for some municipal services * call for details|
|Fees||Service - For some services|
|Primary Executive||Rick Masse, Mayor|
|Alternate Executive||Dave DeLellis, Deputy Mayor|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal|
|Located In Community||Pelee Island|
|Address & Map||
1045 West Shore Rd
Pelee Island, ON N0R 1M0
View MapQuest Map
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Ramp and Entrance|