|Record #: WIN0005||Last Modified: 07 Dec 2016||Last Full Update: 05 Oct 2016|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-265-4858|
|TTY Phone||Bell Relay|
|Primary Contact||Michael Breannan; Phone: ext 110; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||The AIDS Committee of Windsor (ACW) is a registered charity that provides services through three programs.
1. Persons Living with HIV/AIDS (PHAs) Client Support Services
* offers a number of programs geared towards PHAs and those affected by HIV/AIDS.
* Focus is on providing support and guidance to HIV positive people in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent.
2. Harm Reduction services:
* focuses on mitigating the health risks associated to substance use through programs designed to improve the overall health and quality of life of individuals and the community.
3. Education and Outreach Services to community members from priority populations of:
* African Caribbean & Black communities
* gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men (MSM)
* service providers that work with these priority populations.
|Hours||Mon-Fri: 9 am-5 pm|
|Meetings||Call for time, date and location|
|Areas Served||Chatham-Kent ; Essex County|
|Eligibility||* Persons at risk or living with a diagnosis of HIV/AIDS, family members and friends.
* Person's engaging in substance use and LGBTQ youth between the ages of 14-18 and allies.
|Languages||English ; Interpretive Services - oral translator upon request|
|Primary Executive||Michael Brennan, Executive Director; Phone: (Business) ext 110|
|Alternate Executive||David Holmes, Director of Finance; Phone: (Business) ext 122|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal - Windsor-Essex County Health Unit; Chatham-Kent Public Health ; Federal - Public Health Agency of Canada ; Donations ; United Way|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
511 Pelissier St, 2nd Fl
Windsor, ON N9A 4L2
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Pelissier St and Park St|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A ; Transway 1C ; Crosstown 2 ; Central 3 ; Dominion 5|
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Ramp, Entrance and Elevator|
|Resources||Pamphlets; Literature; Video materials|