|Record #: WIN0005||Last Modified: 20 Dec 2019||Last Full Update: 20 Dec 2019|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-265-4858|
|TTY Phone||Bell Relay|
|Primary Contact||Michael Breannan; Phone: ext 110; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Pauline Nash, Director of Programs & Services; Phone: ext 119; Email: email@example.com|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Starr Meloche; Phone: ext 112; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||The AIDS Committee of Windsor (ACW) is a registered charity that provides services through the following programs:
1. Persons Living with HIV/AIDS (PHAs) Client Support Services
* offers a number of programs geared towards PHAs and those affected by HIV/AIDS.
* Focus is on providing support and guidance to HIV positive people in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent.
2. Harm Reduction services:
* focuses on mitigating the health risks associated to substance use through programs designed to improve the overall health and quality of life of individuals and the community.
3. Education and Outreach Services to community members from priority populations of:
* African Caribbean & Black communities
* gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men (MSM)
* service providers that work with these priority populations.
4. Peer Engagement: AIDS Committee of Windsor (ACW) defines “Peer” as an individual with lived experience of HIV and/or Hepatitis C (Hep C) and/or substance use and/or sex work. Facilitating collaboration, open communication, information sharing, and shared decision making.
5. Youth Services: These groups are a safe and affirming social and support group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, queer, questioning, intersex, 2-spirit, pansexual, asexual (LGBTQ+) and allied youth. Promoting the health and wellbeing, and empowerment of LGBTQ+ youth in Windsor-Essex.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm|
|Meetings||Call for time, date and location|
|Areas Served||Chatham-Kent ; Essex County|
|Eligibility||* Persons at risk or living with a diagnosis of HIV/AIDS, family members and friends.
* Person's engaging in substance use and LGBTQ youth and allies.
|Languages||English ; Interpretive Services - oral translator upon request|
|Primary Executive||Michael Brennan, Executive Director; Phone: (Business) ext 110; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Executive||David Holmes, Director of Finance; Phone: (Business) ext 122; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal - Windsor-Essex County Health Unit; Chatham-Kent Public Health ; Federal - Public Health Agency of Canada ; Donations ; United Way|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
511 Pelissier St, 2nd Fl
Windsor, ON N9A 4L2
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Pelissier St and Park St|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A ; Transway 1C ; Crosstown 2 ; Central 3 ; Dominion 5|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Ramp, Entrance and Elevator|
|Print Material||Pamphlets; Literature; Video materials|