|Record #: WIN0049||Last Modified: 07 Dec 2018||Last Full Update: 21 Dec 2016|
|Toll Free Phone||General Information Line: 1-800-622-6232(1-800-O-Canada)
Dual Citizenship Inquiries: 1-800-267-6788 Choose Option 2
Bell Relay 519-972-3520
|Fax||Local Office Fax: 519-560-2700|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||What is dual citizenship?
* Every country decides whom it considers to be a citizen. If more than one country recognizes you as a citizen, you have dual citizenship.
* You do not apply for dual citizenship and there is no related certificate. Canadians are allowed to take foreign citizenship while keeping their Canadian citizenship.
* If you are a permanent resident but not a Canadian citizen, ask the embassy of your country of citizenship about its rules before applying for Canadian citizenship.
Dual Citizenship or Special Citizenship requirements, (Call the Service Canada General information line above to be directed to the proper government agency depending on the Citizenship inquiry)
* Or contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada Click Here for Contact Information
Service Canada and Canada Post
* act as passport receiving agents on behalf of Passport Canada, giving Canadians broader access to passport services across the country.
* Receiving agents accept general passport applications (adult and child) and simplified renewal passport applications
Receiving agents review the applications to make sure that they are accurate and complete
* collect the application fee along with your original citizenship document, and forward your application package to Passport Canada for processing.
* Once your application has been approved and your passport is issued, it will be delivered to the mailing address specified in your application.
* Citizenship and Immigration Canada receives and processes applications for Canadian citizenship and grants Canadian citizenship to successful applicants that meet all requirements.
* Click Here for Help Centre , Find Quick Answers to your questions about Canadian Citizenship.
Online Passport Information, Click Here
|Hours||Local Office: Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4 pm
General Information Line: Mon-Fri, 8 am-8 pm nation-wide
|Areas Served||Essex County - except southeastern portion handled by Leamington office|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
|Application||None required for General Information|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
400 City Hall Square E, Suite 103
Windsor, ON N9A 7K6
View Google Map
|Intersection||McDougall Ave and University Ave E|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1C ; Crosstown 2 ; Dougall 6 ; Walkerville 8 ; Parent 14|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Ramp and Automatic Entrance|