Site: Windsor - McDougall St
Service: Adult Crossing Guards
|Record #: WIN0082||Last Modified: 26 Feb 2016||Last Full Update: 01 Oct 2015|
Alternate: 519-255-CITY (2489)
|Toll Free Phone||1-877-RING311 (746-4311)|
|TDD Phone||Use Bell Relay Service. Dial 711 from TTY or call 1-800-855-0511|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Role of Crossing Guards
* School crossing guards play an important role in the lives of children.
* The mandate of the program is to ensure elementary school children cross streets safely as they walk to and from school.
* These men and women provide an excellent community service and are dedicated individuals who work in heat, cold, rain and snow.
* There are approximately 75 school crossing guards at designated locations throughout the City of Windsor for the safety of children, not convenience.
* School crossing guards are legally permitted to stop traffic and assist elementary school children across the street by raising their stop sign.
* All vehicles are required to come to a complete stop and remain stopped until the children and crossing guard are safely off the road and have lowered their stop sign.
* Motorists are asked to be aware of school crossing areas and obey the school crossing guards.
To Apply for Employment
* If you are interested in obtaining further information, please contact Mary DiMenna, Crossing Guard Coordinator at (519) 255-6247 ext. 6104 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Request a Crossing Guard
The population in a city as large as Windsor changes constantly. As well, student population changes from year to year. The request to place a new crossing guard or relocate an existing one must be coordinated by school board representatives requiring the guard placement.
|Hours||Mon-Fri: 7:30 am-3:30 pm|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
1266 McDougall St NE
Windsor, ON N8X 3M7
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||McDougall Ave and Ellis St|
|Mailing Address||Box 1607
Windsor, ON N9A 6S1
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|