Downtown Windsor Business Improvement Association
Site: Windsor - Pelissier St
Service: Business Improvement Association
|Record #: WIN0361||Last Modified: 15 May 2019||Last Full Update: 15 May 2019|
|Primary Contact||Debi Croucher, Executive Director; Phone: ext 210; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||The Downtown Windsor Business Improvement Association represents over 615 businesses in the city centre as the leader in advocacy, infrastructure, development, and marketing, with our boundary spanning from Ouellette St to the riverfront, and from Bruce Ave to Glengarry Ave.
The goal is to advocate for the interests of the members of DWBIA, to promote the city centre as a business and shopping area, and to make downtown Windsor safe and enjoyable for the community, offering various programs and services to aid businesses in the maintenance and beautification of their respective spaces.
These programs include;
* communication and information
* strategy and planning
* business recruitment
* environmental safety and cleanliness.
Downtown Windsor also boasts the
* Adventure Bay Family Water Park
* Windsor Symphony Orchestra
* Art Gallery and Chimczuk Museum
* The best restaurants and retailers
* Eclectic coffee shops
* Free Wi-Fi
* An abundance of festivals and events
* A seasonal Farmers Market, and
* A magnificent waterfront banking the Detroit skyline.
* Visit our website for more information
|Hours||Mon-Fri, 9 am-5 pm|
|Dates||Canada Day Parade
July 1, 2019 at 11am
Presented by the Windsor Parade Corporation, the Canada Day Parade runs on Ouellette Avenue from Giles Boulevard to Pitt Street. The annual Day features 65+ units including marching bands, giant character balloons, floats, businesses, charities and more, and typically attracts thousands of spectators.
Santa Claus Parade
November 30, 2019 at 6pm
Ring in the holiday season with the 51st presentation of the Windsor Santa Claus Parade, presented by the Windsor Parade Corporation. The Parade starts at Giles Boulevard and rolls down Ouellette Avenue to Pitt Street.
|Meetings||Call for date, time and location|
|Boundaries||* Downtown Area, Detroit River south to Giles, Glengarry Ave, west to Bruce Ave
* Riverside Drive from Ferry Street to Goyeau Street, along Ouellette Avenue from Dieppe Park to just South of Wyandotte Street, Pelissier Street from Chatham Street to Maiden Lane, Chatham Street from the Bus Depot. Dougall Avenue to Goyeau Street, University Avenue West from Pelisser Street to Ouellette Avenue.
|Eligibility||Property and business owners in downtown's business area|
|Fees||Service - fees through BIA tax levy|
|Description (Agency)||Downtown Windsor offers world-class gaming, entertainment and nightlife and a plethora of festivals and events. It also boasts the Adventure Bay Family Water Park; Symphony; Art Gallery and Chimczuk Museum together with the best restaurants; retail stores; eclectic coffee shops; free Wi-Fi; and a magnificent waterfront banking the Detroit skyline.|
|Primary Executive||Debi Croucher, Executive Director, Downtown Windsor BIA; Phone: ext 210; Fax: 519-252-6817|
|Funding||Fees - through BIA tax levy|
|Elections||Board Member Election (held in November), final appointment by City Council|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
419 Pelissier St
Windsor, ON N9A 4L2
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Pelissier St and Park St|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A ; Transway 1C|
|Physical Access||Not Accessible|
|Print Material||* Downtown Matters (published monthly by email)
* Canadian Business Starts Here (business recuitment information)