Site: Windsor - Community Museum - Pitt St
Service: Windsor's Community Museum
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* The museum is housed in the 1812 Francois Baby House. |
* The permanent exhibit traces the history of Windsor from the Aboriginal period through the 20th century.
* Changing exhibits explore the cultures, individuals and events that contributed to the history of Windsor.
* School and group programming is available on a variety of different historical themes.
* The Museum Volunteer Group assists in fundraising and the promotion of the museum.
|Hours||Closed for renovations: Mar 23-May 18, 2015 |
Tue-Sat 10 am-5 pm
May-Sep: Sun, 2 pm-5 pm; Closed Mon
|Meetings||1st Thu 7 pm (except Jan, Jul & Aug) |
Where: Duff-Baby Interpretation Centre
221 Mill St
* Call for additional information.
|Areas Served||Essex County|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Fees||Service - for programs, research, special events|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map|
254 Pitt St W
Windsor, ON N9A 5L5
|Intersection||Dougall Ave and Pitt St|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A ; Transway 1C ; Crosstown 2 ; Ottawa 4 ; Dominion 5 ; Dougall 6|
|Accessibility||Unknown ; Parking, Ramp, Entrance, Chairlift to basement and 2nd flr, Washroom are on basement and 2nd floor levels |
|Service Categories||Meeting Space ; Museums ~ Arts/Humanities Issues|