|Record #: WIN0374||Last Modified: 11 Dec 2017||Last Full Update: 11 Dec 2017|
|Primary Contact||Cheryl Huczel, Executive Director|
|Alternate Contact||Christine Loebach, Executive Assistant|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Seasonal programming:
* Summer Program for persons with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
* offers a program of daily support for 6 weeks during the summer months
* Privacy client confidentiality protocols
* Registered charity
Some of the fun daily activities include:
* structured learning in the morning
* arts and crafts
* music time
* cognitive activities
* life skills
* a variety of appropriate community outings
|Hours||Administration: Mon-Fri, 9 am-4 pm * Closed for lunch (12 noon-1 pm) * Closed Fri (during the Summer months only)|
|Meetings||Board meeting 2nd Mon of each month|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor & Essex County|
|Eligibility||Ages: 6 year(s) - 21 year(s)
* Age requirement for summer program
* All students require a diagnosis of ASD
* First time applicants must submit an assessment & diagnosis report.
* Students must be 6 years of age by Jun 30th and not over 21 years of age by Jun 30th.
* Students MUST NOT live in a residential setting.
* Student's behaviours must be manageable within the resources and supervision the summer program is able to provide.
* Students must be exempt from any extreme health care conditions or needs.
* All applications must be received by the deadline date.
* Returning students will be considered priority provided their application is received by the deadline date.
* Attendance, punctuality, and behaviour concerns will also be considered before admission is granted.
|Application||* Registration required
* there is often a waiting list of families who wish to enroll their child into the Bruce Awad Summer Program (call for details)
* Financial assistance is available. Call for information
* There are deadlines and certain qualifying restrictions to be eligible.
* Funding availability is subject to change.
|Fees||Program - Registration fees apply for the summer program. Financial assistance is available. Please call the office for information ; . * Fee assistance available for Summer Program ; assistance is provided by MCSS.|
|Primary Executive||Michelle Helou, President, Autism Services Inc|
|Funding||Provincial - Ministry of Community and Social Services, Ministry of Children and Youth Services ; Federal - Human Resources Development Canada ; Fundraising ; Donations|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
3600 Curry Ave
Windsor, ON N9E 2T6
View Google Map
|Intersection||Curry Ave and Roselawn Dr|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|
|Print Material||Pamphlets and brochures|