Site: Windsor - Janette Ave
Service: Language Interpreter Certificate Program
|Record #: WIN0409||Last Modified: 06 Apr 2018||Last Full Update: 06 Apr 2018|
|Office Phone||Multicultural Council: 519-255-1127
St Clair College Continuing Education: 519-972-2711
|Primary Contact||Lana Gurbouzov, Language Services Coordinator; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* Obtain the training and credential you need to become a professional language interpreter
Courses will cover
* spoken language interpretation
* consecutive interpreting
* sight translation
* simultaneous interpreting
* setting specific interpreting with a focus on the language interpretation needs of local agencies and community services in Windsor and Essex County.
* Information sessions will be held at the Multicultural Council, call for dates and times
St. Clair College is proud to offer this program in partnership with the Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County|
|Eligibility||* An approved college or university degree or diploma is recommended.
* Fluency in English and a second language as demonstrated by a 75% or higher score on the ILSAT or CILISAT test administered by the Multicultural Council and graded by an internationally recognized outside agency.
|Application||* Application Process Required
* Contact the Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County to schedule a test.
* Students should arrange to write the test at least 4-6 weeks prior to program start.
* Click Here for Program details and Cost via St Clair College Website
|Languages||English ; French ; Arabic - upon request ; Chinese (Cantonese) - upon request ; Chinese (Mandarin) - upon request ; Dutch - translation of documents ; Farsi - upon request ; German - upon request ; Hindi - upon request ; Italian - upon request ; Polish - upon request ; Portuguese - upon request ; Punjabi - upon request ; Russian - upon request ; Somali - upon request ; Spanish - upon request ; Tamil - upon request ; Ukrainian - upon request ; Urdu - upon request ; Interpretive Services - Other languages available upon request|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
245 Janette Ave
Windsor, ON N9A 4Z2
|Intersection||Janette Ave and University Ave W|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1C ; Transway 1C Express ; Dominion 5 ; Dougall 6|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washrooms, Ramp and Entrance|