Site: Windsor - Ouellette Ave
Service: Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention - Fentanyl Patch Exchange Program
|Record #: WIN0439||Last Modified: 11 Sep 2017||Last Full Update: 11 Sep 2017|
|Office Phone||519-258-2146 ext 3100|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-265-5822|
|Primary Contact||Eric Nadalin, Manager of Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Department|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||The Windsor and Essex County Fentanyl Exchange Program
* The Windsor and Essex County Fentanyl Exchange Program is a voluntary pharmacy based program to reduce the number of fentanyl patches being used in unintended ways that can cause harm.
* This program is the result of a partnership between police, pharmacists, and the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit.
* The program strongly urges patients to keep their new and used patches locked in a secure cabinet or container.
* It also helps people keep track of their patches and helps ensure they are used as prescribed.
* The program puts requirements in place so that patients will receive no more than one month’s supply at a time and will need to return their used patches to the pharmacy before receiving new ones.
* The patches will be returned to the pharmacy on a program brochure. One brochure can hold up to fifteen used patches.
* The pharmacy will provide the patient a program brochure each time they pick up a new fentanyl order. For each used patch a patient returns, patients will receive a new one. (For example, if a patient returns 10 used patches they’ll be given 10 new patches).
* Patients that find it difficult to return all their patches are encouraged to speak with their pharmacist.
Click Here for WECHU List of Treatment Services for Addiction and Counseling Services
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Application||* Call or walk-in for more information
* Fentanyl Patients can speak to their pharmacists or physicians about the program
|Languages||English ; Interpretive Services - Limited translation upon request|
|Primary Executive||Dr Wajid Ahmed, Acting Medical Officer of Health|
|Funding||City / Town - City of Windsor ; Regional / Municipal - County of Essex ; Provincial - Ministry of Health and Long Term Care|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
1005 Ouellette Ave
Windsor, ON N9A 4J8
View Google Map
|Intersection||Ouellette Ave and Erie St W|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A ; Transway 1C ; Central 3 ; Ottawa 4 ; Dougall 6|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Ramp, Entrance and Elevator|