Site: Essex County Main Detachment
Service: Ontario Provincial Police
|Office Phone||General inquiries 1-888-310-1122 or 519-723-2491|
|Toll Free Phone||Ontario-wide 1-888-310-1122|
|After Hours Phone||Caller re-directed to Provincial Communication Centre|
|Text Phone||9-1-1 (please see note in description about registering for this service)|
|Primary Contact||Lise Pharand, Office Administration; Phone: (Business) 519-723-2493; Fax: 519-723-2133|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) detachment |
* responsible for policing the Municipalities of Tecumseh, Lakeshore, Kingsville, Essex, Harrow, Leamington and Pelee Island
* handles traffic policing on highways 401, 3 and 77
* marine policing on the waters bordering Essex County
Text with 9-1-1 Service
The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is now pleased to offer Text with 9-1-1 (T9-1-1) service to persons who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired.
What is T9-1-1?
T9-1-1 is a new service that enables individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired (DHHSI) to communicate with 9-1-1 operators via text message (SMS) during an emergency.
How does T9-1-1 work?
* Register your cell phone for T9-1-1 with your wireless carrier. A list of carriers is available at http://textwith911.ca/wirelessservice-providers
* In an emergency, dial 9-1-1 as if making a voice call. Do not send a text message directly.
* Communicate with the 9-1-1 operator via text message and provide all relevant information, including your name, location and the emergency assistance required.
Will T9-1-1 work everywhere in Ontario?
* T9-1-1 service is only offered by some emergency services in Ontario, but the list is expected to grow. Visit http://textwith911.ca/service-availability to find out if T9-1-1 is available in your area.
Where can I find more information?
A range of useful information is available online at http://textwith911.ca
Find an OPP Detachment in Essex County, Click Here
|Hours||Mon-Sun 24 hours|
|Areas Served||Essex ; Essex County ; Kingsville ; Lakeshore ; Leamington ; Pelee Island ; Tecumseh|
|Eligibility||Residents of Essex County|
|Application||Call for information|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Fees||Service - Police Clearances - $25.00; Accident Reports, Occurrences, Statements - $42.25 ; None - for general services|
|Primary Executive||Glenn Miller|
|Funding||Provincial - Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services|
|Site Location||Hwy 401 and Manning|
|Located In Community||Essex|
|Address & Map|
1219 Hicks Rd
Essex, ON N8M 2Y2
|Intersection||Hwy 401 and Manning|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 910 |
Essex, ON N8M 2Y2
|Accessibility||Partially Accessible - Partially Accessible - Ramp, Automatic entrance, Elevator|
|Service Categories||Disaster Response Services ; Provincial/Territorial Police ; Specialized Telecommunications Equipment|