Site: Windsor - Ouellette Ave
Service: Newcomer Settlement Program
|Record #: WIN0469||Last Modified: 10 Sep 2019||Last Full Update: 23 Aug 2019|
|Primary Contact||Joan Simpson, Program Coordinator; Phone: ext 295|
|Alternate Contact||Rose Anguiano Hurst, Executive Director; Phone: ext 222; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||The Newcomer Settlement program provides support and services to female newcomers and immigrants in the Windsor-Essex County area.
* one-on-one appointments
* assistance with government and community services
* information about community resources
* Workshops, information sessions, cultural and recreational activities
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County|
|Eligibility||Women, with a special emphasis on visible minority and newcomer/immigrant women|
|Application||Call to schedule an appointment and walks-in welcome|
|Languages||English ; Interpretive Services - Other languages upon request|
|Description (Agency)||Women’s Enterprise Skills Training of Windsor Inc. has been serving the Windsor Essex community since 1987.
* WEST was established in response to the extremely high level of unemployment among women and the difficulties that they experienced when attempting to enter the workforce.
* WEST is a non-profit agency that provides a range of resources, supports and services to women in the Windsor -Essex County area, to assist them with their settlement, skill development, training and employment needs.
To provide training for severely employment disadvantaged visible minority women in order to improve their employability in the workforce and/or to further their education.
Leaders in positioning women for success
|Primary Executive||Rose Anguiano Hurst, Executive Director; Phone: (Business) 519- 256-6621 ext 222|
|Funding||Provincial ; Grants ; Donations|
|Elections||June in conjunction with the Annual General Meeting|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
Herb Gray Centre for Nonprofit Excellence
647 Ouellette Ave, Suite 201
Windsor, ON N9A 4J4
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Ouellette Ave and Wyandotte St W|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A ; Transway 1C ; Crosstown 2 ; Central 3 ; Ottawa 4 ; Dougall 6|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking (off Pelissier), Automatic entrance (off Pelissier), Washroom|