Site: Windsor Chapter - McDougall Ave
Service: Recreational Financial Assistance
|Record #: WIN0512||Last Modified: 06 Sep 2018||Last Full Update: 06 Sep 2018|
|Office Phone||* General Inquiries: 519-253-2300 ext 2758 * for information on the application, once it has been submitted.
* Contact for Program: Tam Nguyen, ext 2722 or by email
* Jumpstart inquiries for clients not living in Windsor, contact the municipality’s Recreation Department directly.
|Toll Free Phone||Windsor Chapter: 1-855-253-2300
Chapter Contact inquiries: 1-877-616-6600
|Primary Contact||Jumpstart Assistant; Phone: (Business) 519-253-2300 ext 2758; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Tam Nguyen, Recreation Systems Coordinator; Phone: (Business) 519-253-2300 ext 2722; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* subsidy program designed to get children active
* subsidy available for registration primarily, however, subsidy may be available for equipment on a case by case basis
* families must provide proof of net income via Canada Child Tax Benefit Notice
* limited funding available
* funding provided for a sustained program that is either a minimum of five weeks duration with a minimum of one session per week
* coverage for sports camps is limited to 5 consecutive days (travel programs and/or elite programs are excluded)
Who does Canadian Tire Jumpstart help?
◦ Canadian Tire Jumpstart helps financially disadvantaged children and youth
◦ Potential Canadian Tire Jumpstart program recipients are selected through local chapters.
What kind of organized sport and recreation activities are included?
◦ Children select their own activities reflecting their individual interests and physical needs.
* We have supported involvement in 73 sports and recreation activities including: hockey, swimming, soccer, basketball, dance, yoga, climbing and martial arts.
Parasport Jumpstart Fund:
* The Parasport Jumpstart Fund supports introductory and development Parasport programs designed at getting children and youth with a disability active and/or on a sport-specific pathway.
* The Parasport Jumpstart Fund funds programs to cover the cost of registration, equipment and transportation for children and youth under the age of 18.
Eligible Programs may include:
* Sport-specific programming (one sport offered)
* Multi-sport programming (several sport offered)
* Paralympic sports programming (http://paralympic.ca/paralympic-sport) Click Her to visit the website for programming
* Non-Paralympic sports (sometimes called “parasports”) programming
* Programming tailored to children or youth with a specific impairment (for example, a soccer club for children with a visual impairment)
* Programming for children or youth who have a variety of different abilities and participate together (for example, a blend of children who are able-bodied with other who have an intellectual, physical, or visual impairment).
How to apply See application section for details
* Call the local Chapter for submission date deadlines
* When calling the local Canadian Tire Jumpstart Chapter representative, be prepared to provide contact information and the details of the sport or recreational activity the child would like to participate in. (financial information will be required to determine eligibility for funding).
* All information will be kept confidential
* Recipients will be notified by the local Canadian Tire Jumpstart Chapter representative if approved or if further information is required.
* Please be patient as the local Chapter representatives respond to all submissions for the community.
* All information received is kept confidential.
* All approvals are at the sole discretion of local Jumpstart Chapters and designated Jumpstart personnel.
How can I lend my support to Canadian Tire Jumpstart?
◦ Make a donation.
◦ Host an event in support of Canadian Tire Jumpstart.
◦ Support a fundraising event for Canadian Tire Jumpstart.
◦ Shop at Canadian Tire on Jumpstart Day.
Funding for this program is provided to community service agencies or municipal Parks and Recreation Departments to be distributed.
Local distribution sites include:
Amherstburg Community Services
Atlas Tube Centre, Lakeshore
South Essex Community Council
Lasalle. Recreation and Leisure
City of Windsor, Customer Care Centres
|Hours||Mon-Fri: 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||Ages: 4 year(s) - 18 year(s)
* Children and Youth
* Names of children must appear on the Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency
|Application||* Applications for this program are available for pick up any Customer Care Centres or Community Centres.
* Applications must be filled out and returned to any Customer Care Centres or Community Centres.
* Applications will be processed in the order they are received and it may take 4- 6 weeks to find out if you are approved.
How to Apply:
* Applications for assistance can typically be submitted from Jan 15-Nov 1, (varies by Chapter) with the goal to be equitably distributed over Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter activities.
* Call your local Chapter for submission date deadlines
Click Here for Application form
Applications can be picked up at any one of our Customer Care Centres
* Call our toll free number, 1-877-616-6600 and based on your postal code a representative will provide a contact to the closest Canadian Tire Jumpstart Chapter
|Funding||Fundraising ; Donations ; Fees|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
Parks & Recreation Main Office
2450 McDougall St
Windsor, ON N8X 3N6
|Mailing Address||c/o Recreation Systems Coordinator
2450 McDougall St
Windsor N8X 3N6
|Bus Routes||Central 3|
|Physical Access||Not Applicable|