Site: Kingsville - Mill St W
Service: ACCESS Nutrition
|Record #: WIN0527||Last Modified: 13 Apr 2018||Last Full Update: 13 Apr 2018|
|Primary Contact||Tammy Park, ACCESS Nutrition Manager; Phone: ext 26; Fax: 519-733-2642; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Ryan Couture, Garden Coordinator; Phone: ext 34; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||The ACCESS Nutrition Program
The ACCESS Nutrition Program consists of Community Kitchens, Community Gardening, Garden-To-You Partnerships, CSA and Social Enterprise Employment Programs to people throughout Windsor and Essex County.
The ACCESS Community Kitchens
* introduce participants to simple, healthy and economical recipes; to help connect people to others in their area; to develop new skills; to handle and store food safely; and to expand nutritional knowledge.
* ACCESS provides the food, the recipe and the instruction.
* Participants leave with a healthy meal for their families; healthy substitutions ideas; knowledge about health and safety in the kitchen; and they leave with new social networks.
The ACCESS Community Garden
* helps reduce food insecurity and promotes better nutrition and health.
* promotes exercise, neighbourhood beautification, social interaction, contact with nature, better nutrition and health, stress reduction, stronger communities, increased green space, cultural and youth opportunities.
Participation is FREE
* all programs are delivered within your community.
The Gardens and Kitchens
* are an ideal place for families, agencies and schools to work alongside one another
* taste new foods
* learn food safety
* develop new skills
* form social networks to strengthen communities and reduce social isolation
|Hours||Office Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm
Volunteer Hours (vary by season) * call for information
|Areas Served||Essex County|
|Eligibility||Open to residents of All ages|
|Primary Executive||John Sutton, Executive Director, Access County Community Support Services; Phone: (Business) 519-324-0990 ext 220|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal ; Grants - Pathway to Potential ; United Way - Individuals and Families Investments|
|Located In Community||Kingsville|
|Address & Map||
23 Mill St W
Kingsville, ON N9Y 1W1
|Intersection||Division St S and Mill St E|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|