Site: Windsor - City Hall Sq E
Service: Veterans Affairs Canada - Veterans Allowance
|Record #: WIN0541||Last Modified: 31 Dec 2015||Last Full Update: 12 Jan 2015|
|Toll Free Phone||National Call Centre
Collect calls within Canada: 1-705-568-4000
Outside Canada: 1-888-996-2242
|Primary Contact||Jacinda Gedney, Client Service Team Manager|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Allowances are paid to qualified individuals who meet service eligibility and residency requirements.
* These individuals, because of age or incapacity, must be unable to fully support themselves.
* They must have insufficient income for maintenance, as determined by an income test.
* The allowance is payable to veterans of Canadian, Commonwealth and Allied Forces.
* An allowance is also payable to specific civilians who served in close support of the Canadian Armed Forces during wartime.
* In addition, widows, widowers and orphans of these veterans or civilians may qualify.
For more detailed information of Services for Veterans and their Families Click Here
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Chatham-Kent ; Elgin County ; Essex County ; Lambton County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||* Veterans their widows, widowers and orphans
* Civilians who served in close support of the Canadian Armed Forces during WWII, their widows, widowers and orphans
|Application||Application process required;
Referral needed through social service agencies, government services, self or family member
|Languages||English ; French|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
400 City Hall Sq E, Ste 103
Windsor, ON N9A 7K6
|Intersection||University Ave W and Bruce Ave|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1C|
|Resources||Brochures available upon request|