Add Record Add Record | Suggest Update | Print Version (New Window)
Contact Information
Toll Free Phone General Inquiries Ontario-wide and OHIP Line: 1-800-267-8097 or 1-800-461-2156 
Birth and Marriage Certificate Inquiry: 1-800-267-8097  
Health Card Inquiry: 1-888-376-5197  
Driver & Vehicle Inquiry and Ontario Photo Card: 1-800-387-3445 
Outdoors Card Centre: 1-800-387-7011  
Business Info Line (For profit and non-profit Inquiries): 1-888-745-8888 
Demerit Point Inquiries: 1-800-268-4686 
MTO: Senior Driver Inquires: 1-800-268-1481
TTY Phone Ontario-wide: 1-800-268-7095
Fax 519-973-7959
Description and Service Details
Description (Service) COVID-19 Crisis Important Information:
*Ontarians don’t have to worry about renewing their licence plates, licences and health cards during the COVID-19 pandemic (for expirations after March 1) until further notice. Click here to see a list of extended services.

Services or Referrals given through ServiceOntario: Drivers * Driver's licence renewal * Get an accessible parking permit * Renew, replace or change an accessible parking permit * Driver records (Driver's Abstract) * Change address: driver's licence * Renew a driver's licence * Replace a driver's licence * Renew a G driver's licence: 80 years and over (Medical Info Service: if an individual is looking to see what health condition is stopping them from getting their license or renewal they should contact MTO)

Vehicles * Licence plate sticker renewal * Vehicle registration: plate/permit * Personalized licence plates * Used vehicle information package (UVIP) * Buy/sell a used vehicle in Ontario * Register a farm vehicle * Vehicle records * Special permit * Temporary licence plate sticker * Change address: vehicle permit * Get vintage licence plates for classic cars * Demerit Point Inquires (Drivers Abstract) * * Understanding Demerit Points Click Here

Stolen Accessible Parking Permits: * caller should go to the Police first as they will need a case number. * Once they have a case number they can take that to ServiceOntario to be issued a temporary permit and a new one will be sent in the mail at a later date

Identification and certificates * Ontario Photo Card * Birth certificate (online or by mail) * Marriage certificate (online or by mail) * Death certificate (online or by mail) * Change your last name * Change a child's name * Change name (for adults) * Sex designation change

Online services * address changes * license plate renewals * driver's licence renewals * birth, death and marriage certificate applications also available online * Click Here and click on the topic you are inquiring about, if the forms are available online, they will be available via the links on this webpage.

Ontario Photo Card * to apply you need to be an Ontario resident and provide original identity documents with your legal name, date of birth and signature * Click here for acceptable identity documents and FAQ's * cannot be used in place of a passport

Newborn registration (4-in-1 Newborn Bundle) Newborn Registration Service online * In one transaction you can: * register your newborn * get a birth certificate * apply for a social insurance number (SIN) * sign up for Canada child tax benefits (including Ontario child benefits)

Birth Certificate Forms information, available for all other provinces online Click Here or visit the province of birth to obtain a form

Name Change: Click Here for downloadable form or

Health * Health card renewal and re-registration * First-time health card * Change address: health card * Organ and tissue donation registration

Ontario Drug Programs * Ontario Drug Benefits * provides application forms for the Ontario Drug Benefits Co-Payment Application for Seniors * Trillium Drug Program * provides application forms for the Trillium Drug Program

Outdoor - Fish and Wildlife * fishing and hunting licences * outdoors cards (ID cards which in most cases need to accompany licences) * Outdoors Card Centre

Business Services online or walk-in for service Click Here for Service Details

Start and Operate a not-for-profit agency online service * Understand how provincial, federal and municipal laws and regulations apply as you start up and run your charity or other not-for-profit. * Funding and Financial Assistance Information Click Here for Additional Information

ONe-Source for Business and Not-for-profits online service * Sign up to access convenient tools, services and information to help start and grow your business or not-for-profit. Click Here for more details

Ontario Business Connects (OBC) * provides access to online business name registration and searches Click Here

Commissioners for Taking Affidavits * commissioner of oaths available to sign various forms (call ahead, limited to certain forms, depending on requirements requested) Click Here for further details

Landlord and Tenant Board Information at ServiceOntario * Applications can be filed In person at ServiceOntario (Filing only) * ServiceOntario staff cannot provide you with information about the law or LTB procedures, but they can accept documents on behalf of the LTB. (you cannot mail or fax documents to a ServiceOntario location) *. If you are mailing or faxing documents, send them to one of the Landloard and Tenant Board Offices Click Here to find an Office

* To find the ServiceOntario location nearest you for Landlord Tenant Board applications and documents, visit ServiceOntario’s Service Location Finder under “Housing and Property”. Click Here for Website Or call for details

Non-profit housing co-operative eviction inquiries * If you have questions about the Landloard and Tenant Board procedures for non-profit housing co-operative evictions or about your file, call 1-844-288-7221 or 416-314-7061 or email: * The LTB does not provide information about the rights and obligations in co-operative non-profit housing. * A co-op or co-op member can contact the Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada or seek legal advice from a Community Legal Clinic.

Access to other Ontario Government Services * sale of selected Ministry of Labour and Ministry of Transportation publications * Landlord Tenant Board forms and intake service

For details on all Ontario benefit and tax credit programs Click Here

Find Service Ontario locations Service Location Finder Click Here
Hours COVID19 9:00am - 4:00pm 
Mon-Fri: 8:30 am-5 pm * closed on public holidays
Areas Served Essex County
Eligibility Most services -- No client restrictions 
* Most services require the age of 16 yrs and older (call for details) 
Ontario Health Insurance Plan 
* Legally entitled residents of Ontario require special approval if going out of country for more than 212 days  
* must meet residency requirements of remaining in Ontario for 153 days of any 12 month period for 2 consecutive years before application for extended leave will be considered for approval  
* three month waiting period applies to new and returning residents (except pre-approved absences)
Application * Drop in, with appropriate supporting documents for all services 
* call ahead or see website 
* many forms can also be completed and submitted online  
* Ontario is the first province in Canada to allow drivers to renew their licence online. Click Here for Details
Languages English ; French
Fees Service ; Fees for some transactions
Agency Information
Established 1999
Primary Executive Linda Lacroix, Manager; Email:
Funding Provincial
Agency Services
Site Information
Located In Community Windsor
Address & Map
400 City Hall Square E, Suite 205
Windsor, ON N9A 7K6
View Google Map
Intersection McDougall Ave and University Ave W
Bus Routes Transway 1A ; Transway 1C
Physical Access Fully Accessible - Parking, Accessible Washroom (main floor) and Entrance
Other Details
Print Material Brochures

Still can't find a service? Call us.

Call 2-1-1, Toll Free: 1-866-686-0045