Site: Windsor - Walker Rd
|Record #: WIN0646||Last Modified: 14 Jul 2016||Last Full Update: 14 Jul 2016|
|Office Phone||Compliments or Complaints about Handi-Transit Services can be made by contacting 311 in the following ways:
* Customers in Windsor call: 311
* Customer in the surrounding county call: 519-255-CITY (2489)
* Online at 311online.ca
Handi Transit: 519-966-0930
|After Hours Phone||* Answering service for same day cancellations and emergencies only.
* Cannot book rides with the answering service.
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* member of the Transportation Communication Centre (TCC)
* Provides curb-to-curb bus service for persons with physical disabilities which affect their mobility and are unable to use public transit.
* Service may be used for any purpose, including employment, education, medical, personal business or leisure activities.
* Reservations for appointments can be made up to three weeks in advance.
* Cancellations in advance are appreciated so trips can be offered to other passengers requiring the service.
|Hours||Dispatch Available: Mon-Fri 7am-9 pm; Sat, Sun and holidays 9 am-5 pm * 2 hrs notice required for same day bookings
Transportation: Mon-Fri 6:30 am-12:30 am; Sat 8 am-12:30 am; Sun and holidays 8 am-10 pm
Cancellations: Same day cancellations require 2 hrs notice
|Areas Served||LaSalle ; Windsor ; LaSalle (must be in the LaSalle tax base) ; Windsor (must be in the Windsor tax base)|
|Eligibility||* Persons with physical disabilities which affect their mobility, and who are unable to use public transportation
* Children birth-14 yrs must be accompanied by an adult
|Application||* Application and medical form must be approved. (Call or walk-in for for an Application form)
* Bookings available up to 3 wks in advance with minimum of 2-hr notice
* All trips are provided on a space available basis
|Fees||Service - $3 for one-way trip for Windsor destinations only, $5.25 for one-way trip for LaSalle residents only|
|Primary Executive||Lori Colenutt, General Manager|
|Funding||City / Town - City of Windsor ; Donations ; Fees|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
3737 Walker Rd
Windsor, ON N8W 3S9
View Google Map
|Intersection||Walker Rd and Melinda Ave|
|Bus Routes||Walkerville 8|
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|