Site: Windsor - Walker Rd
|Record #: WIN0646||Last Modified: 06 Sep 2018||Last Full Update: 06 Sep 2018|
|Office Phone||Windsor Customers: Call 311
* Customers in the surrounding areas outside of Windsor: Call, 519-255-CITY (2489) or Online at 311online.ca
* Handi Transit 519-966-0930
|After Hours Phone||* Answering service for same day cancellations and emergencies only.
* Cannot book rides with the answering service.
|Primary Contact||Lori Colenutt, General Manager, Handi-Transit Windsor; Phone: (Business) 519-966-0930; Fax: 519-966-1249|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Compliments or Complaints about Handi-Transit Services can be made by contacting 311 or alternate number outside of Windsor, Ontario
* member of the Transportation Communication Centre (TCC)
* Provides curb-to-curb bus service for persons with disabilities which affect their mobility and are unable to use public transit.
* Service may be used for any purpose, including employment, education, medical, personal business or leisure activities.
* Reservations for appointments can be made up to three weeks in advance.
* Cancellations: Same day cancellations require 2 Hrs notice
Handi-Transit is a non-profit agency and is not a department of Transit Windsor
|Hours||Dispatch: Mon-Fri 7am-9 pm * Sat, Sun and holidays 9 am-5 pm (2 hrs notice required for same day bookings, however, all trips are provided only if a space is available )
Transportation: Mon-Fri 6:30 am-12:30 am * Sat 8 am-12:30 am * Sun and Holidays 8 am-10 pm
|Areas Served||LaSalle ; Windsor ; LaSalle (must be in the LaSalle tax base) ; Windsor (must be in the Windsor tax base)|
|Eligibility||* Persons with disabilities which affect their mobility, and who are unable to use public transportation
* Children birth-14 yrs must be accompanied by an adult
|Application||* Application and medical form must be approved. (Call or walk-in for for an Application form)
* Bookings available up to 3 wks in advance with minimum of 2-hr notice
* All trips are provided on a space available basis
|Fees||Service - Call organization for current fee schedule|
|Primary Executive||Lori Colenutt, General Manager|
|Funding||City / Town - City of Windsor ; Donations ; Fees|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
3737 Walker Rd
Windsor, ON N8W 3S9
View Google Map
|Intersection||Walker Rd and Melinda Ave|
|Bus Routes||Walkerville 8|
|Physical Access||Partially Accessible - Parking and Entrance|