Site: Windsor - Empress St
Service: The Hospice Village
|Record #: WIN0677||Last Modified: 19 Sep 2018||Last Full Update: 10 Aug 2018|
|Primary Contact||Reception; Phone: 519-974-7100; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||This location is temporarily under construction and residents have been moved to the Emara Centre at 1453 Prince Rd, 2 North, Windsor.
During the construction stage:
* To make contact with a client of The Hospice Village, call the Hotel-Dieu Grace Healthcare switchboard at 519-257-5111 to contact a client of The Hospice Village
The Hospice Village serves all patients and their families dealing with a life-altering diagnosis through, supportive care services and programs
* Hospice services are available to patients and their families, from pre-diagnosis to bereavement.
* Local Transportation to Medical facilities for clients of the Hospice
* Services are holistic in nature and can include wellness programs, support groups, fitness programs, counseling & spiritual care, education and of course palliative care.
* We offer more than 50 wellness programs
* the April’s Garden Conservatory
* the Wellness Centre Click Here for Program Details
* Chronic Pain & Symptom Management Clinic in partnership with VON Windsor Essex.(call for details)
* the Solcz Family Home for Children and Families Click Here for program Details
* It truly is a village! The Hospice Residential Home (HRH) is the newest addition to the Hospice Village
* Our Hospice Residential Home (24-hour care for people with a life-altering diagnosis) Click Here for more Details of the HRH
* Canada's first satellite residential home, the Erie Shores Campus in Leamington, Ontario (24-hour care for people with a life-altering diagnosis) Click Here for more Details of the HRH
* visitations conducted in-home, hospitals and care facilities, psychosocial, educational, peer, social, complementary support programs and activities
The Hospice Raises Funds to:
* Ensure patients and families have access to compassionate care at no cost
* Provide services and personalized care in your home or ours
* Support new and innovative programs
* Continue providing teaching and learning opportunities for professionals, volunteers and caregivers
* All donations stay in Windsor and Essex County to help our friends and neighbours
* It truly takes a village to raise a hospice, and in order to raise ours, we needed the support of the entire Windsor-Essex communities!
Interested in Donating to The Hospice? Click Here to Find Out How
Interested in Volunteering for Hospice?
Click Here to Find Out How
|Hours||Office Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County|
|Eligibility||* Patients, families and caregivers facing a life-altering diagnosis from the time of pre-diagnosis onward.
* Patients who wish to stay at the Hospice Residential Home must be referred by their physician.
* Hospice works closely with the Erie-St. Clair Local Health Integration Network, Home and Community Care Program which administers the referral process, determining which patients will be eligible for stays and the priority of their need.
* Admission is based on the Local Health Integration Network, Home and Community Care Program's determination of eligibility and the Hospice’s ability to accommodate patients.
|Application||* Self or family referral
* Hospice Residential Home: Referrals from hospital, physicians, health care providers
|Languages||English ; French ; Interpretive Services - Other languages - upon request|
|Fees||None ; * The Hospice is proud to offer all services at no cost to the patient, provided in a space that is both serene and welcoming, responding to the diverse needs of a multicultural community|
|Primary Executive||Carol Derbyshire, Executive Director; Phone: 519-974-7100 ext 2204|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
6038 Empress St
Windsor, ON N8T 1B5
View Google Map
|Intersection||Empress St and Jefferson Blvd|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|
|Print Material||* Bi-Annual Newsletter
* Agency Brochure