Service: Office of the City Clerk - Marriage License
|Record #: WIN0686||Last Modified: 04 Sep 2018||Last Full Update: 04 Sep 2018|
|Office Phone||General Information: 311
Detailed Inquiries: 519-255-6100 ext 6139
Callers in the surrounding county can call: 255-CITY (2489)
|Toll Free Phone||Long-distance callers can call: 1-877-RING311 (746-4311).|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||General Information:
* Prior to being married in the Province of Ontario, couples should be aware that a marriage must be solemnized under the authority of a Marriage Licence or the Publication of Banns.
* If divorced in Ontario, please bring original divorce certificate, Divorce Nici, Decree Absolute or a certified court copy of divorce (not a photo copy).
* If divorced outside of Canada, please contact our office for further requirements.
* A marriage licence expires 3 months from the date of issue and is valid for use anywhere in Ontario.
* There is no waiting period once you obtain a marriage licence. (You may get a licence right up until the same day of the wedding). However, if identification or documentation does not meet provincial requirements, there may be a delay in obtaining your marriage licence.
* To avoid disappointment, please allow sufficient time prior to your wedding day
How to Get a COPY of an Ontario Marriage Certificate:
* Copies of Marriage Certificate can be obtained at:
Office of The Registrar General
Apply online at the Service Ontario website Click Here for Details
|Hours||Mon-Fri: 8:30 am-4:30 pm * Excluding Holidays|
|Eligibility||* Individuals requiring the services of Vital Statistics regarding a Marriage License
* Persons of the same sex can obtain a marriage license.
|Application||Registration process required
* At least one party to the proposed marriage must apply in person with the completed marriage application form signed by both parties. However, two pieces of original valid identification are required for each applicant. (Photocopies are not acceptable forms of ID)
* There are no requirements respecting residency, pre-marital blood tests or medical certificates.
Bring two (2) original pieces of valid government issued identification from the list below for each applicant. One piece of identification must include your current photo.
* Driver's Licence/Enhanced Driver's Licence
* Photo I.D. Card
* Citizenship Card
* Permanent Resident Card
* Nexus Card
* Armed Forces Identification Card
* Native Status Card
* Record of Immigration Landing
* United States Green Card
* Birth Certificate
* Change of name Certificate
* Immigration Status Papers (i.e. Record of Landing, Work Visa)
* Photocopies are NOT accepted. Documents not in English must be translated by a certified translator.
* If you need an interpreter, he/she will be required to show the license issuer one (1) piece of valid photo identification.
* If one or both parties are divorced, please contact our office, as additional documentation is required.
* Documentation for widowed parties is not required.
|Fees||Service - Marriage Licence Fee is $135.00 (Cash - Canadian funds only, debit or credit card (Mastercard and Visa)|
|Primary Executive||Valerie Critchley, City Clerk; Phone: (Business) 519-255-6211|
|Funding||City / Town - City of Windsor|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
350 City Hall Square W, Suite 110
Windsor, ON N9A 6S1
View Google Map
|Intersection||McDougall Ave and University Ave E|
|Mailing Address||c/o Vital Statistics
PO Box 1607
Windsor, ON N9A 6S1
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Automatic entrance, Washroom and Elevator|