Service: Marriage Licences
|Record #: WIN0729||Last Modified: 08 Dec 2017||Last Full Update: 08 Dec 2017|
|Primary Contact||Reception Services; Phone: ext 1221|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Town of LaSalle's Clerk's Department issues Marriage Licences
* Marriage Licences are valid anywhere in Ontario for a period of three months from the date of issue.
What is the difference between a marriage license and a marriage certificate?
* Typically, couples obtain a marriage license, hold the wedding ceremony, and then have the person who performed the ceremony file a marriage certificate in the appropriate office within a few days.
Obtaining a Marriage Certificate
* Once a Marriage Licence is issued, the ceremony can take place.
* After the marriage ceremony, the bride and groom receive a Record of Solemnization of Marriage. (This is not a Marriage Certificate)
* The person who solemnizes the marriage forwards documentation to the Office of the Registrar General for registration.
* Visit the Service Ontario website, Click Here to apply online for a Marriage Certificate.
* A popular option in LaSalle is to host a marriage ceremony at Millennium Gardens, located at Gil Maure Park (Front Road at Laurier Drive).
* The scenic backdrop of the Heritage Detroit River is a beautiful setting for an outdoor wedding in LaSalle.
* To Host a marriage ceremony at the Millennium Gardens, contact the Culture and Recreation Department.and book Millennium Gardens for a nominal fee * call for details
Click Here for Millennium Gardens, Park Amenities
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County|
|Eligibility||* Applicants must be 18 years of age or older, or written parental consent of both parents is required for 16 and 17 year olds
* Photocopies of identification are not accepted.
* You must have documents that are not in English translated by a certified translator.
* If you do not understand or read English, you must provide an interpreter and he/she will be required to show identification.
* The issuing of a Marriage Licence may take up to 24 hours.
* Marriage Licence Applicants must make an appointment with the Clerk's Department (call or walk-in for details)
* The Marriage Licence Application must be completed and signed by both parties to the marriage.
* Both parties are encouraged to attend Town Hall, however, one party to the marriage may submit the completed application form in order to obtain the Marriage Licence, provided the proper identification original documents are submitted in place of the absent party.
* Visit the website for more detailed information and Original Documents required to apply
|Fees||Service - $125.00 Cash, Cheque or Debit only.|
|Located In Community||LaSalle|
|Address & Map||
5950 Malden Rd
LaSalle, ON N9H 1S4
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Malden Rd and Normandy St|
|Bus Routes||South Windsor 7|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|