We Love Windsor Furniture Bank
Site: Windsor - Marion Ave
Service: Furniture and Household Items
|Record #: WIN0769||Last Modified: 24 Jan 2017||Last Full Update: 06 May 2016|
|Primary Contact||David Locke, Manager; Phone: (Business) 519-890-4353; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Bob Cameron, DWCC; Phone: (Business) 519-903-7629; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Referral Service only, through various community agencies
* Ontario Works Social Workers
* ODSP Social Workers
* Multicultural Council of Windsor-Essex County
* Matthew House Windsor
* YMCA Newcomer Services
* Windsor Islamic Council
* St Leonard's House Windsor
* Multi-Cultural Council
* Hiatus House
Items Available if in stock
* Household Goods
* Kitchen ware
* No Appliances at this time
The furniture bank is seeking donated items such as:
* tables, chairs, lamps, art work, area rugs, couches/sofas, bookcases, bedding/linens, dressers, headboards/frames, beds (no king-sized), desks, mirrors, wardrobes, serving carts, small appliances, dishes/glasses/cutlery, pots/pans, serving dishes, hutches, and tablecloths.
Donation Pick-up available
* volunteers will pick up your donations and take what is needed. (The fee for pick up starts at $20 and is based on the volume of furniture)
* The fee pays for the rental of the truck.
•Tax receipts are available for furniture donated.
Right now we could use help in the following ways:
Cash Donations: As a group of Churches working together this need is never planned in budgets.
* All financial donations over $20 are tax receiptable.
Furniture Store: Volunteering in picking up furniture, sorting it in the warehouse, helping people choose their furniture, packing it and delivering it.
Housing: This is the most critical need for many immigrants and refugees.
* Homes with 2-3-4 bedrooms are needed.
Language: Do you speak Arabic, Farsi, French? Another language?
* Immigrants and Refugees are coming from around the world, so please let us know by email and we will call when a need arises.
* Low income individuals needing the services are also welcome
|Hours||Hours for Service: Dependent on Referral made (client will be given information of when to attend facility to pick up goods)
Service and Donation Drop Off:
* Tue, Wed, Thu, 10 am-4 pm
* Also, Second and Last Sat of each month, 9 am-1 pm
|Dates||Accepts Donations Year Round|
|Areas Served||Essex County|
|Eligibility||* Referrals only through select Agencies, see description for details
* Immigrants and Refugees
* Low income individuals
* Volunteers welcome
|Application||* referrals accepted from community agencies
* Application required for Volunteers
* Call to schedule a Donation Pick-up during opening hours
|Fees||Donation - The fee for pick up starts at $20 and is based on the volume of furniture ; None - individuals needing items from the Furniture Bank|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
930 Marion Ave
Windsor, ON N9A 2J2
|Intersection||Marion Ave and Niagara St|
|Physical Access||Partially Accessible - Parking only|