Service: Regional Children's Centre - Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
|Record #: WIN0814||Last Modified: 30 Mar 2017||Last Full Update: 22 Mar 2017|
Automated Attendant 519-257-5288
|After Hours Phone||519-257-5111|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Serves children and youth 6-18 years of age with crisis services from 0-15 years of age.
* Exhibiting social, emotional, or behavior problems within the home and school or community
* Involved with the justice system or law enforcement agencies
* Having or suspected of having developmental disorders, including autism
Specific, goal-oriented and time-limited program and services including:
* Walk-in Clinic
* Crisis intervention
* Professional consultation
* Service coordination
* Counseling and groups
* Intensive family treatment
* Home and school interventions
* Residential and day treatment, Youth services
|Hours||Mon-Thu 8 am-8 pm * Fri 8 am-4:30 pm
Walk-in Clinic Mon, Tue & Thu 12 noon-6 pm
|Areas Served||Chatham-Kent ; Essex County ; Programs for children and youth are located within the Regional Children's Centre with additional satellite locations throughout Windsor-Essex. The catchments include Essex and Kent counties. In the latter county, Children’s Mental Health Services support the local children’s mental health centres and/or provides specific services as negotiated with Kent County.|
|Eligibility||Ages: 6 year(s) - 18 year(s)
* Children’s Mental Health Services are offered to families on a voluntary basis, with commitment to participation being an essential component of treatment.
* Referrals may come from parents/families, schools, doctors, children’s mental health agencies, Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Society, the justice system (e.g., court, probation, police, fire services) and Help Link.* Families must complete an intake package to become involved with on-going treatment services.
|Application||* Obtain an Intake package from the Regional Children's Centre.|
|Languages||English ; French ; Interpretive Services - Oral interpretive services on request|
|Description (Agency)||* The Children’s Mental Health Services programs work with parents and community partners to address the social, emotional, and behavioral needs of children and youth.
* These services strive to provide an effective system that is accessible, flexible, and responsive to individual needs.
* The services provided to children and youth include prevention, crisis response, early intervention, assessment, consultation, education, treatment, support, and respite.
|Primary Executive||Dr Cory Saunders, Director Children & Youth Services, Regional Children's Centre; Phone: (Business) 519-257-5215; Fax: 519-257-5212|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
3901 Connaught Ave
Windsor, ON N9C 4H4
View Google Map
|Intersection||Connaught Ave and Chappell Ave|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1C ; Central 3|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Ramp, Automatic Entrance and Elevator|