Site: Windsor - Wells St
Service: Maryvale Children's Mental Health
|Record #: WIN0839||Last Modified: 11 Oct 2019||Last Full Update: 18 Mar 2019|
|Primary Contact||Dr Janet Orchard, Program Manager; Phone: ext 2220|
|Alternate Contact||Maryvale Reception; Phone: ext 2220|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Adolescent Mental Health Treatment Centre
* Maryvale is a Children’s Mental Health treatment centre in Windsor where adolescents experiencing very serious emotional, psychological and mental distress can receive therapy and assistance from a team of experts.
* Helps young people and their families who feel highly anxious, depressed, suicidal, worthless and hopeless, or who have lost their willingness to care about others and may be dealing with debilitating learning disabilities.
* Some students attend Maryvale during the day for school while others come for after school or weekend programs.
* Others attend for counselling only to sort out some areas of distress they are facing
* There is no cost for Maryvale services although parents and legal guardians are asked to cover the costs of their child's personal expenses.
* Maryvale’s passion is to promote the recognition and understanding that one's inner mental and emotional world is of utmost importance and determines more than any other factor the quality of one's current life and future life.
|Hours||Office Hours Mon-Fri 8 am-5 pm
* Facility, Mon-Sun * 24 Hrs
|Areas Served||Chatham-Kent ; Essex County|
|Eligibility||Ages: 13 year(s) - 17 year(s)
* Day treatment, 13-17 Yrs experiencing serious emotional or psychiatric distress of a short or long term nature
* Hospital bed program for children and adolescents age 6-17 Yrs
|Application||* Call reception
* If in crisis visit Windsor Regional Children's Centre Walk In Clinic or emergency room of local hospital
* Referrals accepted from self or family, hospitals, doctors, social service agencies, guidance counselors/schools, etc
|Languages||English ; French|
|Description (Agency)||Maryvale is a Children’s Mental Health treatment centre in Windsor, Ontario, where adolescents experiencing very serious emotional, psychological and mental distress can receive therapy and assistance from a team of experts.|
|Primary Executive||Connie Martin, Executive Director; Phone: ext 2137|
|Funding||Provincial - Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, Ministry of Children andYouth Services ; Fundraising|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
3640 Wells St
Windsor, ON N9C 1T9
View Google Map
|Intersection||Wells St and Prince Rd|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1C|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|