Service: Regional Children's Centre - Youth Crisis Services
|Record #: WIN0854||Last Modified: 28 Mar 2017||Last Full Update: 22 Mar 2017|
|After Hours Phone||519-257-5111|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* The Walk-in Clinic provides a continuum of single-session therapy through brief crisis intervention for children and youth, ages 0-17, and their families
* The Emergency Crisis Response Service provides consultation to Emergency Department staff regarding the evaluation and disposition of children and youth, up to the age of 18 years, who present in crisis (i.e who are at significant immediate risk of harm to self or others)
* The focus of the program is to provide a therapeutic process of assessment, crisis intervention, and consultation regarding service options with referrals to appropriate community resources.
|Hours||Walk-in Clinic: Mon, Tue & Thu 12 noon-6 pm
Emergency Crisis Response Service-Emergency Department: Mon-Fri 8 am-11 pm and on-call during weekends and holidays from: 8 am-10 pm
|Areas Served||Chatham-Kent ; Essex County ; Programs for children and youth are located within the Regional Children's Centre with additional satellite locations throughout Windsor-Essex. The catchments include Essex and Kent counties. In the latter county, Children’s Mental Health Services support the local children’s mental health centres and/or provides specific services as negotiated with Kent County.|
|Eligibility||Ages: 17 year(s) and under
* Children’s Mental Health Services are offered to families on a voluntary basis, with commitment to participation being an essential component of treatment.
* Urgent need to meet with a crisis worker please proceed to the Walk In Clinic.
* Children and Youth (ages 0-17), Regional Children’s Centre - Walk-in Clinic
* Immediate risk of serious harm to self or others please proceed to the Emergency Department.
* Children and Youth (ages 0-15), Emergency Department – Windsor Regional Hospital, Metropolitan Campus
* Youth (ages 16+), Emergency Department – Hotel Dieu-Grace Hospital
|Application||No appointment or referral required|
|Languages||English ; French ; Interpretive Services - Oral interpretive services on request|
|Description (Agency)||* The Children’s Mental Health Services programs work with parents and community partners to address the social, emotional, and behavioral needs of children and youth.
* These services strive to provide an effective system that is accessible, flexible, and responsive to individual needs.
* The services provided to children and youth include prevention, crisis response, early intervention, assessment, consultation, education, treatment, support, and respite.
|Primary Executive||Dr Cory Saunders, Director Children & Youth Services, Regional Children's Centre; Phone: (Business) 519-257-5215; Fax: 519-257-5212|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
3901 Connaught Ave
Windsor, ON N9C 4H4
View Google Map
|Intersection||Connaught Ave and Chappell Ave|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1C ; Central 3|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Ramp, Automatic entrance and Elevator|