Kingsville Community Centre
Service: Community Outreach Programs and Activities
|Record #: WIN0856||Last Modified: 10 Aug 2018||Last Full Update: 10 Aug 2018|
|Memos and Bulletins|
|Public Comments||Kingsville Community Centre fosters enhanced socialization and effective communication through the vehicle of VOLUNTEERING|
|Primary Contact||Kandy Flood, Director; Phone: (Business) 226-773-5830; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Rev Tom Harmon, Centre Board Chair; Phone: (Business) 226-773-5830; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Randi Tonita, Cafe Coordinator; Phone: (Business) 226-773-5830|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||The Centre functions as a partnership with other community agencies that offer free social, educational, nutritional and wellness programs for all ages (Volunteer Opportunities Available)
* Assist individuals to connect with necessary available community services and programs, address problems and conflicts.
* An alternative treatment based on a system of zones and reflex areas in the body with the premise that such therapy promotes health and wellbeing.
* Addiction counselling services provided by an experienced and respected Addiction Counselor
* Group and Individual sessions provided.
Community Lunches* 4th Thu of the month (call for times)
* Monthly nutritious lunches available to all throughout the community. Includes entrée, coffee and dessert ( Eat-in or Take-out).
* enjoy a coffee and sweets in our inviting café. Newspapers, books, colouring books, Free Wi-Fi and games/activities will be available.
* In house and take out available.
Free will donations encouraged
Slow Stretch and Motion Exercise classes
* A 30 minute exercise program is ideal for individuals and seniors looking for a program that is presented at a comfortable place while strengthening and stretching muscles. Every Tuesday from 10:30 AM -- 11:00 AM.
Essentrics - Classical Stretch Exercise Class
* A dynamic workout that simultaneously lengthens and strengthens every muscle in the body resulting in greater joint mobility and lean and long muscles.
Every Tuesday from 11 am -11:45 am
Hospice Windsor-Essex County Wellness Program - Guitar Classes
* Bring your guitar and join Joe.
* Learn basic cords and simple current songs. (class is free and open to all ages and skill levels).
Hospice Windsor-Essex County Wellness - Coffee House
* Welcomes singers, poets, story tellers and musicians as they bring their talents.
* a fun night to share with friends. Café open.
* Experienced teachers will be available to provide tutoring in Reading, Math and English
Westover Treatment Centre Recovery Support Program
* An important tool to help on your journey to an addiction-free life.
* To participate you must have completed a residential treatment program or are awaiting placement.
Community Computer Kiosk
* A computer Kiosk is available to individuals requiring the use of a computer for the creation of resumes, job search, and employment related emails
Blood Pressure Clinic
* Stop by and have your blood pressure checked by a trained health professional
Yarn Craft Social
* For knitters, crocheters, cross stitch or needle pointers.
* Thursday’s bring whatever is on your hooks/needles and relax with friends while working on your project. (Beginners welcome).
Alzheimer's Memory Café
* A free gathering place for people living with dementia to come, along with their family, friends, and caretakers, to enjoy a social atmosphere.
* Second Tuesday of every month from 1 pm-3 pm
ACCESS-Community Garden-Centre location
* For those who love to garden, socialize and share the bounty
* stop by and volunteer at the Community garden
Cooking With Friends Coming FALL 2018
* Group cooking for all ages
* Economical and practical food preparation tips
* Guest Chefs. Space is limited. Register by phone or email.
* Our guest pharmacist Aaron Nixon from Main St. Pharmacy discusses various treatments and preventions as well as explains the proper use of certain medical aids and informs people about various health conditions.
* Second Tuesday of every month 10:30am-11:30 am
Life and Living Well* Call for dates and times.
* Come and take part in an exciting program which will support you to take charge by planning your life and health plan.
* Bring your electronic device (iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet) and receive individual training on what you would personally like to learn about your device.
* Class size of 4. (Call for date and times).
* An exercise program that focuses on improving the health of seniors and mature adults as well as provide the younger generation with a way to build strength and flexibility through repetition and fluid motion.
* Every Thursday from 10 am-11 am.
Milk Bag Creations
* Recycled milk bags are repurposed to create woven sleeping mats and carry bags for use by local homeless youth. Call for dates and times.
Community Woodworking Shop
* Are you missing a place to work on projects? Have some items that need repair or would simply enjoy the company of others who love to hang out in a workshop? Stop by for coffee, friendship, and a place to work.
* Every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am-12 noon
Free Transportation Service Program
* The Hospice of Windsor and Essex County will provide transportation for those seeking to attend the centre.
* To book transportation, contact - Hospice Intake Coordinator Linda Sabatini at 519-974-7100 Ext. 2202.
Kingsville Community Church
* Mom 2 Mom: Moms of all ages come share time and support with other moms. (Childcare provided). Call for dates and times
* Young @ Heart: For those of you who are young at heart, we would love to fellowship with you.
* Young @ Heart is for Adults 50 Yrs and older.
* Fellowship Luncheon the 2nd Thu of each month between Sep-Jun (call for times)
Donations are used for the free programing at the Community Centre and provides help in the ongoing costs of maintaining the facility and programs
Click Here to Donate Online
12 Community Partners offering 25 + Programs
|Hours||Facility Hours: Tue, 9 am-5 pm * Thu, 9 am-9 pm
Café Hours: Tue, Thu, 9 am-12 noon
|Dates||Program and Events, hours vary (call, walk-in or Click Here to visit Website for Calendar|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||* No restrictions
* Young @ Heart: Adults 50 Yrs and older
|Application||Registration required for some services (call for details)
Transportation Services: contact - Hospice Intake Coordinator Linda Sabatini at 519-974-7100 ext 2202
* Assessment required for some services
Addiction Counselling: Call to schedule an appointment
Reflexology:Visit the website to register or Call to Schedule an appointment
* Volunteer Opportunities: see website for details
|Fees||Service - $5 for Community Lunches Program ; None|
|Description (Agency)||Kingsville Community Centre is a growing Community Outreach Program which address a variety of needs and goals while being age appropriate and attentive to individuals with challenges and limitations.|
|Located In Community||Kingsville|
|Address & Map||
1860 Division Rd N
Kingville, ON N9Y 2Z1
View Google Map
|Intersection||Division Rd N and Road 2 W|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Entrance and Elevator|