Kingsville Community Centre
Service: Community Outreach Programs and Activities
|Record #: WIN0856||Last Modified: 20 Aug 2019||Last Full Update: 20 Aug 2019|
|Memos and Bulletins|
|Public Comments||Kingsville Community Centre fosters enhanced socialization and effective communication through the vehicle of VOLUNTEERING|
|Primary Contact||Lynn McCormick, Director; Phone: (Business) 226-773-5830; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Rev Tom Harmon, Centre Board Chair; Phone: (Business) 226-773-5830; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Lynn McCormick, Cafe Coordinator; Phone: (Business) 226-773-5830|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||The Centre functions as a partnership with other community agencies that offer free social, educational, nutritional and wellness programs for all ages (Volunteer Opportunities Available)
Advocacy and Community Resource Assistance
* Assist individuals to connect with necessary available community services and programs; address problems and conflicts.
* enjoy a coffee and sweets in our inviting café. Newspapers, books, colouring books, Free Wi-Fi and games/activities available.
* In house and take out available.
Free will donations encouraged.
Community Computer Kiosk
* A computer Kiosk is available to individuals requiring the use of a computer for the creation of resumes, job search, and employment related emails.
Blood Pressure Clinic
* Stop by and have your blood pressure checked, at no cost. On the third Tuesday of each month, nurses from Chartwell, Kingsville are on site to take your blood pressure and answer general health related questions.
Yarn Craft Social
* For knitters, crocheters, cross stitch or needle pointers.
* On Tuesdays and Thursdays, bring whatever is on your hooks/needles and relax with friends while working on your project; beginners welcome.
* An alternative treatment based on a system of zones and reflex areas in the body with the premise that such therapy promotes health and well-being.
Please call to arrange an appointment.
* Addiction counselling services provided by an experienced and respected Addiction Counselor
* Group and Individual sessions provided.
Please call to arrange an appointment.
ACCESS-Community Garden-Centre location
* For those who love to garden, socialize and share the bounty.
* Stop by and volunteer at the Community garden.
Simple Repairs with Seamstress Betty
* One Thursday a month, Betty is at KCC to do simple sewing repairs such as fixing a hem, buttons, seam/pocket repair and putting on a patch. Repairs are done on site; first come, first served basis.
Call for date and time.
Counselling with Diane O'Brien, Social Worker
* Diane provides counselling for individuals, groups, couples and families in the areas of mental health; self-esteem and assertiveness; emotional, physical and sexual abuse; conflict resolution and addiction.
* Please call to arrange an appointment.
Essentrics - Classical Stretch Exercise Class
* A dynamic workout that simultaneously lengthens and strengthens every muscle in the body resulting in greater joint mobility and lean and long muscles.
Every Tuesday from 9:30 am - 10:15 am
Hospice Windsor-Essex County Wellness Program - Guitar Classes
* Bring your guitar and join Joe.
* Learn basic cords and simple current songs.
* Class is free and open to all ages and skill levels.
Hospice Windsor-Essex County Wellness - Coffee House
* Welcomes singers, poets, story tellers and musicians as they bring their talents.
* a fun night to share with friends. Café open.
* Experienced teachers available to provide tutoring in Reading, Math and English.
* Please call to register.
Westover Treatment Centre Recovery Support Program
* An important tool to help on your journey to an addiction-free life.
* To participate you must have completed a residential treatment program or are awaiting placement.
Invisible Illness Support Group
* A place for people with invisible illnesses such as MS, arthritis, ADHD, depression, anxiety, chronic pain, etc to come and feel safe, share, and hopefully get connected to any resources that might help.
Thursdays 11:00 am-12:00 pm
Tai Chi: Beginner; Tai Chi: All Ages/Skill Levels
* An exercise program that focuses on improving the health of seniors and mature adults as well as provide the younger generation with a way to build strength and flexibility through repetition and fluid motion.
* Tai Chi: Beginner - 9:30 am-10:00 am
* Tai Chi: All Ages/Skill Levels - 10:00 am-10:45 am
Basic Karate/Self Defense: Adults and Teens
* A class for everyone. Join instructor Greg as he teaches basic self defense. A very interactive class – time for participants to ask about specific self defense tips.
Thursdays 10:45 am-11:30 am
Milk Bag Creations and Denim Jeans Bags
* Milk bags are turned into sleeping mats and sturdy handled bags. New members are always welcome! Mats and bags are donated to not for profit organizations in Leamington and Windsor. Donations of milk bags and denim jeans are always appreciated.
Tuesdays 9 am-noon
Device Advice: Bring your Tablet, Phone, Laptop
* Bring your electronic device and receive individualized training and information related to what you would like to learn about your device. Class size: 4.
Thursdays 9 am-Noon
Alzheimer's Memory Café
* A free gathering place for people living with dementia to come, along with their family, friends, and caretakers, to enjoy a social atmosphere.
* Second Tuesday of every month from 1 pm-3 pm
Toy Making for Rescue Dogs
* Fun activity that will benefit Rescue dogs in our community…simple knots and braiding. Donations required of old t-shirts, sweatshirts, polartec, and tennis balls.
Additional details and RSVP contact Sylvia Koczerzuk of Walkabout Canine Consulting, email@example.com
Individual Counselling with Janice Tultz
* Jan offers individual counselling related to Health and Wellness as well as Grief and Loss counselling.
* First Thursday of each month
* Call to arrange an appointment
* Our guest pharmacist, Aaron Nixon, from Main St. Pharmacy, discusses various treatments and prevention. Additionally, he explains the proper use of certain medical aids and informs people about various health conditions.
* Second Tuesday of every month 10:30 am-11:30 am
* Fourth Thursday of the month; 11:30 am-1:00 pm
* Monthly nutritious lunch available to all throughout the community. Includes entrée, coffee and dessert
* Eat-in or Take-out
Call for cost and menu
Young At Heart/50+ Luncheon
* Third Thursday of the month; 11:00 am-1:30 pm
* Monthly nutritious lunch available to all. Includes entrée, coffee and dessert
Call for cost and menu
Life and Living Well*
* Come and take part in an exciting program which will support you to take charge by planning your life and health plan.
Call for date and times.
Kingsville Community Church
* Mom 2 Mom: Moms of all ages come share time and support with other moms. (Childcare provided). Call for dates and times
* Young @ Heart: For those of you who are young at heart, we would love to fellowship with you.
* Young @ Heart is for Adults 50 Yrs and older.
* Fellowship Luncheon the 2nd Thu of each month between Sep-Jun (call for times)
Donations are used for the free programming at the Community Centre and provides help in the ongoing costs of maintaining the facility and programs.
Click Here to Donate Online
12 Community Partners offering 25 + Programs
* Seminars are offered by various health care professionals in our community. Topics covered include: eye care; hearing; heart health; dental/oral health, to name a few
|Hours||Facility Hours: Tue, 9 am-5 pm * Thu, 9 am-9 pm
Café Hours: Tue, Thu, 9 am-12 noon
|Dates||Program and Events, hours vary (call, walk-in or Click Here to visit Website for Calendar|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||* No restrictions
* Young @ Heart: Adults 50 Yrs and older
|Application||Registration required for some services (call for details)
Addiction Counselling: Call to schedule an appointment
Reflexology:Visit the website to register or Call to Schedule an appointment
* Volunteer Opportunities: see website for details
|Fees||Service - $5 most programs are offered at no cost; call for details on costs for programs noted ; None|
|Description (Agency)||Kingsville Community Centre is a growing Community Outreach Program which address a variety of needs and goals while being age appropriate and attentive to individuals with challenges and limitations.|
|Located In Community||Kingsville|
|Address & Map||
1860 Division Rd N
Kingville, ON N9Y 2Z1
View Google Map
|Intersection||Division Rd N and Road 2 W|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Entrance and Elevator|