Site: Windsor - Janette Ave
|Record #: WIN0859||Last Modified: 16 Nov 2018||Last Full Update: 16 Nov 2018|
|Memos and Bulletins|
|Public Comments||* The Multicultural Council is the lead organization of a partnership group called Community Partners of Multicultural Health.
Second Location: Tecumseh Rd E Office Admin Hours: Mon, Wed, Thu, 9 am-6 pm, Tue, 9 am-7:30 pm, Fri, 9 am-5 pm
|Primary Contact||Kathleen Thomas, Executive Director|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Language and Skills program:
* English Language Training:
Literacy, Levels CLB 1-8
Childcare available for eligible participants.
* Offers one-on-one settlement and integration assistance to eligible clients.
* Specialized group workshops such as Citizenship Test Preparation Classes, Driving in Ontario, and Orientation Information Workshops are offered throughout the school year - call for details
The Newcomer Youth Program:
* Homework Club - The group is designed to assist newcomers with their homework and provide after-school activities and support.
After School Program (ASP):
* homework club with a daily academic support, enrichment and recreation component with planned physical activities, and daily nutrition component.
* provide a healthy, safe and supporting environment
* After completion of homework, youth are involved in structured activities that include English literacy, Numeracy, Science, Arts and Crafts, and Computer literacy.
Windsor Resettlement Assistance Program (WRAP)
* Provides immediate and essential services to Government Assisted Refugees (GARs) destined for Windsor, during their first 4 – 6 weeks in Canada.
Client Support Services (CSS)
* Ontario wide initiative that follows delivery of WRAP for up to 12 months.
* It includes case management services, capacity building, and a coordinated approach to assist with clients settlement and better understanding of Canadian society.
Newcomer Settlement Program (NSP)
* NSP program has broad client eligibility and assists newcomers to settle, adjust and contribute to life in Windsor-Essex.
* The goal is to help newcomers become fully engaged in all aspects of life in Canada – social, economic, political and cultural.
Employment & Training Services
Assist Immigrants and Refugees with services including:
* Resume writing clinic
* Interview coaching
* Job search strategies
* Networking skills
* Connecting with employers
* Employment workshops
* Service provides support to individuals and groups who are getting ready to privately sponsor refugees, or already have done
* Assists in the engagement of the different sectors of our community in the settlement and integration of government assisted or privately sponsored refugees. Through individual and group sessions this initiative works towards making Windsor Essex even more welcoming.
Translations and Interpretation
* Translation of official documents, brochures, pamphlets, flyers and other materials, translated at service rate at $45 plus HST per document (200 words and under), affidavits are provided with every document.
* Interpretation Services provided by provincially certified interpreter at a service rate of $45 HST per hour (2 hours minimum and rates may vary).
* Translation and Interpretation Services are available in 50 languages and dialects.
Language Interpreter Certificate Program
* Provide training and credential to become an international language interpreter.
* Online governance training and board of directors matching service to attract diverse talent to your organization.
Training and Consulting Services
Diversity, Cultural Competence, Cross-Cultural Communication
Tailored workshops for businesses, government and non-profit organizations.
* Nurse Practitioner Clinic
Diagnose and treat common illnesses such as colds, earaches, and urinary tract infections
Perform physical check-ups and annual exams
Provide health promotion and prevention education to individuals and families
Make referrals to family physicians, specialists, and other health care professionals
* Health Access Day:
* Provide newcomers and immigrants with information on how to access health and social services. This annual event is held every April.
Volunteer Opportunities - Please visit our website www.themcc.com
For Monetary Donation Information or to volunteer, call or visit the website for more information
|Hours||Admin Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5:30 pm|
|Dates||See website for dates:
* Carrousel of the Nations:
* Herb Gray Harmony Awards Gala
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||* Language and Skills Programs/Orientation/Settlement/: Open to Permanent Residents of Canada, Convention Refugees or individuals with a special Minister’s permit or possess an eligibility letter for Permanent Residence from IRCC.
* The Newcomer Youth Program: 13-24 yrs
* After School Program: All children 7-12 yrs, regardless of their status (Canadian citizen, permanent residents, etc.) will be eligible for this program. (call for details)
* Windsor Resettlement Assistance Program (WRAP) and Client Support Services (CSS): Government Assisted Refugees (GARs) only
* Employment & Training Services: Government Assisted Refugees and Privately Sponsored Refugees with all Canadian Language Benchmarks -(CLB) levels and from any country
* DiverseCity onBoard: Organizations that have board of directors and any individual who would like to serve on board.
* Training and Consulting Services:Open to everyone (Fee for service)
* Nurse Practitioner Clinic: Open to any client of the Multicultural Council who does not have a family doctor, regardless of age or gender.
|Application||* Call for information
* Registration required for most programs
|Languages||English ; French ; Arabic ; Bengali ; Chinese (Cantonese) ; Chinese (Mandarin) ; Croatian ; German ; Hungarian ; Italian ; Polish ; Portuguese ; Romanian ; Russian ; Serbian ; Spanish ; Vietnamese ; Chaldean ; Assyrian ; Bulgarian; Macedonian ; Yoruba|
|Fees||Program - Fees determined by program ; Service - Interpretation Services ; None - Many programs are free-of-charge (Call or walk-in for details) ; many programs free-of-charge|
|Funding||Fundraising ; Donations ; Fees - Ryerson Univesity/MCIFees ; Foundation|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
245 Janette Ave
Windsor, ON N9A 4Z2
View Google Map
|Intersection||Janette Ave and University Ave W|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1C ; Transway 1C Express ; Dominion 5 ; Dougall 6|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Ramp, Entrance and Washrooms|