Service: Civil Marriage Ceremonies
|Record #: WIN0877||Last Modified: 05 Sep 2018||Last Full Update: 20 Jul 2017|
|Primary Contact||Reception Services; Phone: ext 1221|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Marriage Ceremony
* If the marriage license is purchased in another municipality, it must be provided to the officiator no later than 1 week prior to the ceremony.
* Couples must provide the two witnesses required according to section 25 of the Marriage Act.
* There is no set minimum age for a person to be a witness to a civil ceremony; the officiant for the ceremony must be satisfied that the witness understands what he/she is signing.
* Couples are responsible for providing a language interpreter, if required, for a language other than English.
* The persons being married cannot act as the interpreter for the ceremony or cannot be a witness to either party.
* The Clerk or her designate, will act as the officiant for the civil marriage ceremony.
* The service will be a non-denominational and solemn ceremony, which adheres to the requirements of the Marriage Act.
Ceremonies will be held in Council Chambers (maximum of 40 people) or the LaSalle Civic Centre Atrium (maximum of 15 people) both services are at the Town of LaSalle's Civic Centre
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-4 pm (Ceremonies are by appointment only)|
|Areas Served||Essex County|
|Eligibility||* Must first apply for a Marriage License: Click Here for Information on How to Obtain a Marriage License Application.
* Applicants must be 18 years of age or older, or written parental consent of both parents is required for 16 and 17 year olds
* Photocopies of identification are not accepted.
* If documents are not in English, they must be translated by a certified translator.
* If you do not understand or read English, an interpreter must be provided by applicants and the interpreter will be required to show identification.
* The ceremonies are available in English only.
|Application||* Application Process Required (Call to schedule an appointment)
* Ceremonies are available by appointment only (At the time of the interview the couple will choose their vows and provide the details of their ceremony)
* For the interview, photo identification for both parties and the marriage license that was issued in the Province of Ontario, must be provided.
* All ceremonies must be paid in full prior to the civil ceremony
|Fees||Service - $250.00 + 13% HST Cash or Debit only (a $50.00 portion of the fee is non-refundable) applicable in the case of a cancellation of a ceremony). This fee is in addition to the $125.00 fee for the Marriage Licence.|
|Located In Community||LaSalle|
|Address & Map||
Town of LaSalle Civic Centre
5950 Malden Rd
LaSalle, ON N9H 1S4
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Malden Rd and Normandy St|
|Bus Routes||South Windsor 7|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|