Heart Defects Society of Windsor-Essex County
Site: Windsor - Tecumseh Rd E
Service: Emotional and Financial Support
|Record #: WIN1082||Last Modified: 28 Mar 2017||Last Full Update: 08 Apr 2016|
|Primary Contact||Tiffany Benoit, Treasurer, Heart Defects Society of Windsor and Essex County; Phone: (Cell) 519-818-7550; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* registered charity whose primary goals are to raise awareness of the prevalence of congenital heart defects in society
* provide emotional support for affected patients and families
* financial support for those requiring out of town medical treatment.
* A congenital heart defect is any defect of the heart or its major vessels that is present at birth.
* There are more than 35 types of defects with some being relatively minor while many are incredibly severe and require immediate medical intervention.
* It is the number one birth defect globally
* currently present in 1 in 100 babies in Ontario.
|Hours||Office Hours Vary * call for an appointment|
|Areas Served||Essex County|
|Eligibility||anyone with congenital heart related issues|
|Fees||Donation - accepted|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
1479 Tecumseh Rd E
Windsor, On N8W 1C2
|Intersection||Gladstone Ave and Tecumseh Rd E|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance ; Not Applicable|