Service: Settlement Services - Information and Orientation
|Record #: WIN1130||Last Modified: 12 Feb 2020||Last Full Update: 12 Feb 2020|
|Memos and Bulletins|
|Public Comments||In July 1983, an Immigrant Women’s Information Centre was opened, with funding from a CCDP grant of the Canada Employment Center. Over the years, the Centre has continued to extend its outreach and programs.
To assist immigrant and refugee women and their families to become full and participating members of Canadian Society.
To provide welcoming and supportive space for newcomers and first generation Canadians.
To support the settlement and advancement of newcomers and first generation Canadians.
To identify and eliminate systemic barriers faced by immigrants and refugees.
To provide culturally sensitive settlement services focusing on the needs of newcomers and first generation Canadians.
|Primary Contact||Philippine Ishak, Senior Manager; Phone: ext 102; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* A central resource to connect newcomers with services and programs in the community.
* Provide one-on-one counselling with experienced Settlement workers in multiple languages to enable newcomers to navigate the community independently.
* Information sessions are also held regularly to inform clients about laws, rights, and responsibilities in Canada.
* Childcare available to clients
Assist with issues related to accessing;
* Citizenship Applications
* federal, provincial, and municipal programs
* driver's license
* school system
* Income Tax Preparation Assistance during Tax Season annually (see Canada Revenue Agency Website for details, during Tax Filling Season)
* and more (call for details)
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm|
|Eligibility||Immigrants and Refugees with landing documents|
|Application||Application process required * Upon arrival, bring landing documents|
|Languages||English ; Interpretive Services - Available in other languages, call for details ; Interpreter - volunteer|
|Primary Executive||Olivia Brezeanu, Executive Director; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Funding||Federal - IRCC, Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
1368 Ouellette Ave
Windsor, ON N8X 1J9
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Ouellette Ave and Ellis St W|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A ; Transway 1C ; Crosstown 2 ; Central 3 ; Ottawa 4 ; Dominion 5 ; Dougall 6|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Automatic entrance|