Emergency Communications Ontario Association
Site: St Clair District - Windsor - Byng Rd
Service: Emergency Communications Ontario
|Record #: WIN1198||Last Modified: 07 Jul 2017||Last Full Update: 07 Jul 2017|
|Office Phone||Local Contact: 519-250-1452
Head Office Toronto: 416-594-3245
|Fax||Head Office: 416-594-2536|
|Primary Contact||Bob Gammon, Provincial Emergency Coordinator Ontario, ECOA Emergency Communications Ontario Inc.; Phone: or firstname.lastname@example.org (Cell) 519-919-1424 * (Residence) 519-250-1452; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||ECOA is a Provincial Association made up of trained, dedicated, volunteer amateur radio operators
* offer their time, equipment, and considerable expertise during times of emergency
* ECOA may be called into service by any regular emergency service providers which include police, fire and ambulance
* ECOA requires information on the nature of the incident, the response level required, rendezvous point or location(s) to report to, and the contact names of officials in charge at each location
Local Emergency Communications Sites include;
* Red Cross Building
* Windsor Airport
* St Clair College
* Essex Municipal Building
* LaSalle EOC
* Amherstburg EOC
* New Leamington EOC centre
* Windsor/Essex EMS Command Trailer
* Leamington Town Hall
* Windsor Fire Rescue Stations
Roles and Responsibilities:
1) Work under the direction and supervision of Emergency Management Ontario and local municipal government agencies.
2) Participate in regular exercises sponsored by Emergency Management Ontario and local municipal government agencies.
3) Develop and maintain a training program to;
* Recruit and train interested volunteers from the public and private sectors to become federally licensed amateur radio operators in support of the Emergency Communications Ontario Association goals.
* Train radio operators in emergency communications methods and emergency operations centre procedures.
* Design regular simulated emergency exercises to prepare the Emergency Communications Ontario Association membership in a state of readiness for an actual emergency or disaster response.
4) Maintain and test, on a regular basis, radio equipment and antenna systems installed at Emergency Operations Centre’s throughout Ontario.
5) Develop and maintain a VHF/UHF linked communications network which can provide coverage for all of Ontario by working with local repeater owners and groups.
6) Establish and maintain HF communications links with the Ontario Amateur Radio Emergency Service and the National Traffic System.
7) Provide support to local level community EmComm / ARES groups throughout the province of Ontario.
8) Develop and maintain a website presence providing information to the general public, interested groups and individuals on our goals and operational practices in the interest of public safety and community service.
|Hours||Daily, leave message|
|Areas Served||Chatham-Kent ; Essex County ; Lambton County|
|Eligibility||Persons with an interest in amateur radio|
|Application||Registration required to become a member|
|Funding||Donations ; License Number VE3EOW * Issued to the Corporation of the City of Windsor|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
3640 Byng Rd
Windsor, ON N8W 3H9
View MapQuest Map
|Physical Access||Not Applicable|