Site: Windsor Branch
|Record #: WIN1210||Last Modified: 13 Aug 2019||Last Full Update: 13 Aug 2019|
|Toll Free Phone||General Inquiries: 1-888-242-2100
Dual Citizenship and Refugee Claims General Inquiries (Service Canada): 1-800-622-6232 (1-800-O-Canada)
|Primary Contact||Robert Bruce, Manager|
|Alternate Contact||Katherine Wagner, Supervisor|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Department of Citizenship and Immigration
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada, facilitates the arrival of immigrants, provides protection to refugees, and offers programming to help newcomers settle in Canada. It also:
* grants citizenship,
* issues travel documents (such as passports) to Canadians
* promotes multiculturalism.
* Dual Citizenship and Refugee Claims information
Canadian Citizenship Application Centre
* federal service handling applications for the grant of Canadian citizenship
* Apply to visit, study, work or immigrate to Canada, apply for citizenship or a permanent resident card, check the status of your application or find a form.
Includes applications for federal skilled workers, family sponsorship, start-up visas, refugees, and tips on fraud and using a representative.
Includes visitor visas and extensions for tourists, parents and grandparents and business travellers, transit visas and necessary travel identification documents.
* Includes work permit applications and extensions, live-in caregiver applications, getting credentials recognized and hiring temporary foreign workers.
Includes study or student work permit applications and extensions.
* Includes how to apply, resume or give up Canadian citizenship, prepare for the citizenship test and get proof of citizenship.
* Permanent Resident Cards, immigrant services in your area, and citizenship applications.
Includes family sponsorship, proof of citizenship, passports, adoption, refugee sponsorship and citizenship celebrations.
Includes application status, processing times, online applications and paper forms, fee payments, medical and police checks. Click Here for Details
Find an Office:
Includes where to send your application, visa application centres, visa offices outside and in Canada. Click Here for Details
Court of Canadian Citizenship:
* Information and advice to the public on citizenship
* conducts hearings and court ceremonies
* application kits for acquiring or proving Canadian citizenship available on website or by telephone
Enforcement and Control:
* Investigates offences and enforces the Immigration Act and Regulations
* regulates and facilitates the entry of visitors or immigrants to Canada at port of entry
* various application kits available for mail-in service
Immigration Recruitment and Selection:
* Accepts and processes applications from groups for the sponsoring of refugees
* all other applications must be mailed to the address provided in the application kit
* InMyLanguage.org provides multilingual information for newcomers to Ontario, Canada.
* All translations have been completed by certified translators
* InMyLanguage.org is managed by OCASI (Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants) and funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada
* Click Here to use Website
|Hours||Scheduled appointments: Mon-Fri, 8 am-4 pm
Refugee Claims: Mon-Fri, 8am-2pm
Service Canada Phone Line Mon-Fri, 8 am-8 pm nation-wide
|Areas Served||Chatham-Kent ; Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||* Adults requiring citizenship papers
* Must meet residency requirements of 3 yrs landed immigrant status
* Must not have a criminal record
|Application||Walk-Ins are no longer accepted for service at this location, an appointment must be made to receive services * Counter service for emergencies only
* Application kits for first time applicants, or lost or stolen papers must be ordered by phone only
* Refugee claims * With Appointment
* If you require assistance of general information you can send your enquiry to email@example.com, or call for details
* For questions relating to overseas applications and other inquiries, please refer to the website for details
|Languages||English ; French|
|Primary Executive||Robert Bruce, Manager|
|Alternate Executive||Katherine Wagner, Supervisor|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
1250 Walker Rd
Windsor, ON N8Y 4T4
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Walker Rd and Ottawa St|
|Bus Routes||Central 3 ; Ottawa 4|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|