Ronald McDonald House of Southwestern Ontario
Site: Windsor Regional Hospital - Met Campus
Service: Ronald McDonald House - Windsor
|Record #: WIN1225||Last Modified: 16 Jul 2019||Last Full Update: 16 Jul 2019|
|Office Phone||WRH: 519-254-5577 #52620
|Primary Contact||Christine Richer, Senior Manager, Ronald McDonald House Windsor; Phone: (Business) ext 52286; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Catherine Nolan, Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator, Ronald McDonald House Windsor; Phone: ext 52283; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Ronald McDonald House Windsor provides a welcoming and secure home-away-from-home for families with seriously ill or injured children in need of medical care at Windsor Regional Hospital.
* A family can stay in one of our 5 private rooms, or 2 short term stay rooms, located on the third floor of Windsor Regional Hospital, Metropolitan Campus, for as long as their child requires medical care.
* Families are asked to pay just $12 a night (no family is ever turned away due to an inability to pay).
* A sibling or another family member may accompany the parents of the ill child pending room availability. (Room capacity varies from 2 - 4 per room depending on room available).
* Offers one bedroom per family.
* Anyone suffering from or who has recently been exposed to a communicable illness cannot be admitted (including family members with a cold or the flu). RMH stand by this policy to minimize the risk to children with weakened immune systems.
* A room at Ronald McDonald House Windsor is never a guarantee. Many of the families face longer stays than they had hoped and we allow all families to take things one day at a time.
* On any given day, we are not always certain which families may be checking out, and often check outs are postponed late in the day.
* Extreme weather will be considered if it is unsafe to travel and families are delayed in checking out, however weather cannot be the reason for a family referral.
To Donate to the Ronald McDonald House Click Here
To Volunteer and sign up for a Volunteer Info-Session Click Here
|Hours||Family Services Office Hours: Mon-Sun 7am - 11pm
Check-In: after 2 pm
Check-out: before 6 pm
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||* Parents/guardians of a child (under 18) receiving treatment in Windsor Regional Hospital for a serious illness or injury.
* Regrettably, due to high demand, RMH Windsor may not be able to accommodate requests from families receiving non-life threatening procedures, day surgeries or follow up visits.
|Application||Complete a referral form in partnership with hospital staff for each visit.|
|Fees||Service - call for details|
|Funding||Fundraising ; Donations ; Fees|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
Windsor Regional Hospital - Met Campus
1995 Lens Ave
Windsor, ON N8W 1L9
|Intersection||Kildare Rd and Tecumseh Rd E|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|