Service: Peche Island Tour
|Record #: WIN1276||Last Modified: 16 Jul 2019||Last Full Update: 16 Jul 2019|
|Office Phone||General inquiries: 311
|Toll Free Phone||1-855-253-2300|
|Primary Contact||Kelly Finlay, Marina Operator; Phone: (Business) 519-253-2300 ext 2718; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Peche Island Tours - Jun to Oct (weather permitting)
* Explore the 86-acre island.
* Discover the island's history.
* Experience the naturalized trails, canals and ruins.
* Enjoy the view of Windsor and Detroit.
* Peche Island, a 86-acre island was purchased by Hiram Walker in 1883.
* Walker used the island for a summer place, and his buildings included a stable, large home, greenhouse, and icehouse.
* The property was sold in 1907. The City of Windsor acquired the land from the Province of Ontario in 1999.
* It is now a naturalized park with walking trails and can be accessed by boat.
* Naturalized island park with walking trails
* Docking facilities
* Picnic Tables
|Hours||*tours will operate Wed, Sat, Sun (weather permitting)
first shuttle will depart Lakeview Park Marina at 10 am and will continue every hour on the hour until the last departure from the marina at 2 pm
*Passengers can return from the island on the half hour with the last shuttle returning from Peche Island at 3:30 pm
|Dates||Tours will begin when weather permits in June and will conclude in October
* A maximum of 6 passengers can be on board each shuttle - to or from the island (excluding the captain).
* No more than 12 passengers will be booked for each hourly departure time.
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||* Anyone assumed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol may be denied service
*Participants must be able to climb a four step ladder unassisted
|Application||Anyone interested in a tour is advised to call 519-253-2300 to book their seat
* Waivers are mandatory and can be downloaded in advance from the Peche Island web page. Click Here for Details
* Also on the web page are videos of Peche Island on topics including, safety, island improvements and natural features.
* Please visit the website for more information
|Fees||Service - cost is $7.50 per seat (2 years old and under are free)|
|Site Location||South shore of Detroit River opposite Peche Island|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
9200 Riverside Dr E
Windsor, ON N8S 1H1
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Riverdale Rd and Riverside Dr E|
|Mailing Address||c/o Lakeview Park Marina
2450 McDougall Ave
Windsor, ON N8X 3N6
|Bus Routes||Crosstown 2 ; Lauzon 10|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Marina: Parking, Washroo*Marina is fully accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance m and Entrance (Boat is not accessible)|