|Record #: WIN1327||Last Modified: 11 Jan 2018||Last Full Update: 15 Jun 2016|
|Office Phone||Customer Service 519-944-4111|
|Primary Contact||Elaine Eskritt, Manager of Administration; Phone: 519-944-4141 ext 241|
|Alternate Contact||Dave Calibaba, Sales and Marketing Manager; Phone: 519-255-6100 ext 6630; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||* Public transportation for City of Windsor
Schedules & Route Maps Click Here
* Bus, South Windsor 7, services some routes in LaSalle, Click on the link below and follow the Dark Green Route Line. (You will need to zoom in on the map to see exact location of stops). Click Here for Details
* Operates Tunnel Bus transportation to Detroit destinations from the Windsor International Transit Terminal Click Here for Details
***There will be disruptions and detours regarding the Tunnel bus due to renovations on the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel***
* The Detroit-Windsor Tunnel will be closed for renovations in the evenings from Oct 2017 to June 2018.
* Information Regarding the Tunnel Bus during renovations: Click Here
* Border Crossing Click Here for requirements
* Sales Outlets for Transit Windsor: Click Here
* Senior Specials: Door-To-Door Service For Seniors
Click Here for Details
* Offers free lifetime transit bus pass for all WWII, Korean and Vietnam War veterans for unlimited use on the conventional city service (Tunnel Bus and Handi Trasit services excluded)
* Transit Windsor's new Affordable Pass Program for Low Income Residents
* Accessible and bike rack buses on specific routes
* A "Free Forms Assistance Service" is available to all applicants. Learn more about the times and locations for this service by calling 211 for a referral to a community agency providing this service
Transit Windsor's Intelligent Transportation System (ITS)
* Transit Windsor’s new real-time vehicle tracking tool will allow individuals to find a Transit Windsor bus in no time.
* The tool integrates location, route and bus information with schedules and maps to provide passengers with the most accurate arrival predictions possible.
* Transit Windsor users can text or call in to hear arrival times, track vehicles in real time and more.
Click Here for a more comprehensive description of the features.
|Hours||Administration Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Eligibility||Eligibility requirements for the Affordable Pass Program for Low Income Families are based on 2012 Statistics Canada's Low-Income Cut Off:
* see website for details
Eligibility requirements for War Veterans Click Here for Details
|Application||Application packages for the general public regarding the Affordable Pass Program can be picked up at:
The Windsor International Transit Terminal, located at 300 Chatham St W
Transit Windsor Centre, located at, 3700 North Service Rd E, just off EC Row and Central Avenue
Online: Affordable Bus Pass Program
* Applicants for the Affordable Pass Program must provide proof of their household income and dependents to be considered for the program.
Acceptable proof of eligibility includes most recent:
* Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada
* Canada Child Benefit Notice or Ontario Child Benefit Notice
* Verification of Ontario Disability Support Program benefit
* Verification of current Ontario Works benefits
* The application form and supporting documentation can then be returned in the pre-addressed envelope and mailed to Transit Windsor or dropped off in person.
* Application Forms can also be dropped off in person at the International Transit Terminal Click Here for Location Information
Once an APP application form and supporting documentation have been received by Transit Windsor
* processing will take approximately 2 to 4 weeks to review
* Upon approval for the Affordable Pass Program, the applicant, their spouse and dependents will receive a letter of determination, which can be redeemed for an affordable bus pass
|Fees||Program - $44 for Affordable Bus Pass ; Service - Regular bus fares apply|
|Primary Executive||Pat Delmore, Executive Director|
|Elections||Appointed by city council|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
3700 North Service Rd E
Windsor, ON N8W 5X2
View Google Map
|Intersection||Central Ave and North Service Rd E|
|Bus Routes||Central 3|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|
|Resources||* printed schedules for persons with visual impairments and limitations available by calling 311|