Site: Windsor - Ouellette Ave
Service: Young Women in L.E.A.D. Program
|Record #: WIN1401||Last Modified: 01 Oct 2019||Last Full Update: 30 Aug 2019|
|Primary Contact||Joan Simpson, Program Coordinator; Phone: 519-256-6621 ext 295; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||L.E.A.D program aims to assist young women facing barriers to employment so that they can develop the knowledge, skills and experience needed for employment
* Participants in this program will complete 8 weeks of full time classes of employability essentials training followed by 10 weeks paid work placement
|Dates||September 9, 2019 to January 10, 2019|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||Ages: 15 year(s) - 30 year(s)
Women; Canadian citizen, or permanent resident or protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
-legally entitled to work in Canada
|Application||* Call to schedule an appointment and walk-ins are welcome
* First-time participants are asked to attend an orientation session
* Orientation Sessions are held every Monday at 1 pm and Wednesday at 10 am
|Languages||English ; Other languages available upon request|
|Description (Agency)||Women’s Enterprise Skills Training of Windsor Inc. has been serving the Windsor Essex community since 1987.
* WEST was established in response to the extremely high level of unemployment among women and the difficulties that they experienced when attempting to enter the workforce.
* WEST is a non-profit agency that provides a range of resources, supports and services to women in Windsor-Essex, to assist them with their settlement, skill development, training and employment needs.
|Primary Executive||Rose Anguiano Hurst, Executive Director; Phone: ext 222; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Executive||Stephanie Lynana, Programs Manager; Phone: ext 227|
|Funding||City / Town - City of Windsor - Social Services Dept ; Provincial - Min of Citizenship (in partnership with Multicultural Council of Windsor/Essex) ; Federal - Canada. Service Canada; Citizenship and Immigration Canada ; Fees ; Private - Green Shield Canada ; City / Town - City of Windsor - Social Services Dept ; Provincial - Min of Citizenship (in partnership with Multicultural Council of Windsor/Essex); Federal - Canada. Service Canada; Citizenship and Immigration Canada ; Fees ; Private - Green Shield Canada|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
Herb Gray Centre for Nonprofit Excellence
647 Ouellette Ave, Suite 201
Windsor, ON N9A 4J4
View Google Map
|Intersection||Ouellette Ave and Wyandotte St W|
|Mailing Address||c/o Women's Enterprise Skills Training of Windsor Inc. (WEST)|
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A ; Transway 1C ; Crosstown 2 ; Ottawa 4 ; Dougall 6|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking (off Pelissier), Automatic entrance (off Pelissier) and Washroom|
|Print Material||Course materials, brochures, government forms, web-page|